Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever been KO'd by a Leprechaun?

Ever been KO'd by a Leprechaun?

Foster coin sap filled with $40 worth of $1 coins.

Attachment 2265
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Nice. Will you bring this to show and tell next time you're up this way?
    "I want to see someone running down the street with a sims-gun shrieking 'I am the first revelation' " - SouthNarc

Be there May 3rd and 4th with my sack full of gold.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Where do I get one!
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Nice!

From a quick Google search, it seems forty $1 coins come out to ~11.42 oz

How much do the coins shift/rattle during carry?
    Is it ever noisy, like a pocketful of change?
    Can you still strike with the edge, like a standard sap?
    Is it as comfy in a back pocket as a standard sap?

Lots of questions, I know, but my interest is piqued
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Foster Impact Devices

I'll weigh mine when I get home to see what it's total weight is, but it's probably in the 15oz. range.
    Mine is stuffed full of coins and they don't rattle at all and shift very little.
    No "jingle jangle" noise whatsoever.
    It's not suitable for edge work, more of a slap jack. (I do have an idea for a modified stiffened edge coin sap I'm going to run by the Foster Bros. to see what they think).
    More comfy in the pocket because it has more give due to the coins being able to slightly bend, shift and move.
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-16-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Thanks for the added info, Jody. I'll definitely be interested to see your idea of a modified one.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

My 8" coin sap filled with 40 x $1 coins weighs 14oz.

My other two Foster saps:
    Brown #278 - 15oz., 8.75", full hand strap. It's a BEAST for when you really, really want to jack somebody up. I carry it on late night dog walks just in case I need to slap a knot on some aggressive stray dog's head.
    Black #31 - 12oz., 7.25", full hand strap with snap, perfect for pocket carry. This is my most often carried sap because it's low profile and very effective for elbow or back of the hand edge strikes/spikes, excellent for breaking "bear hugs" or rear naked chokes.

Attachment 2266
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-16-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Finally, a practical use for $1 coins
    I so wish saps were legal here in TX.

So have you started a list of money-themed puns for when you use that thing?

"Hey bud, can ya spare some change?"
    "Yes... yes I can."

User Tag List