Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: H&K P30 for Competition

I am not the top dog at most competitions but I have beat many competitors that are shooting guns that are much "easier to shoot" than the P30 LEM.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I compete with a P30L V3 in USPSA and am pretty competitive with it. For me, it has taken a real commitment to the platform but I enjoy the challenge.
    P30L, G34, G17C
    USPSA - Production Divsion

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Could you describe your competition P30L a little? I believe, from a similar conversation on HK forum, it is a DA/SA model. Would it be fair to assume it has some sort of trigger job, perhaps, GGI, or am I overreaching in my assumptions? What's the trigger pull weight like?
    While I fully subscribe to using heavier triggers for carry, duty and practice, I am not having too great of a time with any stock P30 trigger. Good time certainly, great time - not so much. Perhaps, a reflection on lack of talent or dedication, who knows.
    Nonetheless, if you made M with a stock P30 trigger, you get my major respect.
    Yup. Stock V3 P30L 9mm. I put in the lighter main spring and drop safety spring. Last I checked the trigger weight, DA was about 12# and SA was about 5#. I have a Dawson front sight on the front, and that's the only thing I've done to the gun. It smoothed out some after some rounds, but runs like a champ. The other team members have done pretty much the same, and Bill and John will put a seriously whooping on me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    OK, it is the Indian not the arrow. However, since the beginning of Indians and arrows, I bet Indians have been looking for the better arrow. It is irrelevant whether a skilled Indian with a LEM can beat a dork with whatever. The question is whether equal Indians can shoot an LEM as well as a Glock, CZ, Beretta, etc. At least at Rogers, it is indisputable that the same shooter will do better on the one hand drills with a Glock, M&P, Beretta or Sig than a P30. The Rogers School keeps records of every shooter, and to my knowledge Vinh is the only person to have shot Advanced with an LEM. I have watched Bill Rogers shoot my LEM P30 there one handed, and he shoots about everything well. Whether that higher hurdle one hand is important to you, only you can decide.
    Since we're arguing semantics, the question of the thread was "So I'm interested to know from you more experienced shooters how you've done with the P30 in competition compared with a G17 or G34."

And I know this is a bit of blasphemy for you ... but the Rogers school isn't the ultimate test of shooting. There are plenty of aspects it doesn't touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    Since we're arguing semantics, the question of the thread was "So I'm interested to know from you more experienced shooters how you've done with the P30 in competition compared with a G17 or G34."

You mean folks are supposed to read all the posts in previous pages of a thread before commenting -- that would take the fun out of this internet thing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You mean folks are supposed to read all the posts in previous pages of a thread before commenting -- that would take the fun out of this internet thing.
    Kinda reminds me of "don't hate the player, hate the game."
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Dr. No, great cadence at the end of the first video, that was nice. In the 3rd one, did you get both shots on the right hand turner? Unless the sound is out on the video it doesn't look like it.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by west-cobb View Post
    I compete with a P30L V3 in USPSA and am pretty competitive with it. For me, it has taken a real commitment to the platform but I enjoy the challenge.
    This is also my reply, except I use a V1 and shoot mostly IDPA. Compared to the G34 I used to shoot with I am not as good yet with the P30, but am closing the gap fast now. I have only shot the P30 in 2014, not that long a time after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    Dr. No, great cadence at the end of the first video, that was nice. In the 3rd one, did you get both shots on the right hand turner? Unless the sound is out on the video it doesn't look like it.
    I just looked at the scores, and I don't have a miss on that stage so I believe I did. I remember it was tight!

Dr. No is the real deal. I've shot with him back when I lived in Austin. Wish I could have taken one of his classes.

I've used the P-30 in competition. It is no doubt reliable and accurate with a variety of ammunition. I use something else now that I shoot better but that's me.

User Tag List