Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K P30 for Competition

These guys (and gal) do pretty decent with p30s in production.

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_produ...ootingTeam.asp

I know one of them uses the DA/SA variant and runs it stock trigger components.

I guess I'll put out my bias first - I have been in love with HK's since 1999. I first competed with P7M13's in IDPA and did pretty well. I started carrying a USP45 on duty and did okay with that. I switched to a USP40 and shot limited (and carried it on duty) and did very well. I picked up a P30L in 9mm and got my master rank in USPSA in production. It has a great grip/bore axis, great ergonomics, and is reliable as hell. I can't stand glocks - trigger sucks and ergonomics are worse.

Here's some examples ...

You can get a full Glock or M&P setup for less than just the cost of P30 itself.
    You can spend a little more and get something like an SP01 Shadow.

The P30 may serve you fine, but I think the price:value ratio encourages many people to look elsewhere, especially when you're throwing down money for a pile of magazines, belt, pouches, holster, match fees, ammo, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    You can get a full Glock or M&P setup for less than just the cost of P30 itself.
    You can spend a little more and get something like an SP01 Shadow.

The P30 may serve you fine, but I think the price:value ratio encourages many people to look elsewhere, especially when you're throwing down money for a pile of magazines, belt, pouches, holster, match fees, ammo, etc etc.
    It really aggravates people with custom guns when I beat them hands down with a factory gun and 5# trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    It really aggravates people with custom guns when I beat them hands down with a factory gun and 5# trigger.
    I don't know why I feel that this has won the internet for the day for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    After reading todds test on the hk45, it seems like its shootability was awesome.
    Really....compared to what? Where th HK design will start adding the time is in the shots at 15 yards and out, it is not uncommon to see shots going out to 25 yard and somtimes beyond. Almost any A class shooter and above can run respectable times with any service handgun at 10 yards and in. Flat shooting guns do matter and that is a bigger factor in USPSA at the higher level matches then most people think.
    What makes a good competition gun does not always make the best service pistol.

I have absolutely found my beloved P30 v4 LEM to make SHO/WHO shooting at Rogers a severe challenge. I'd trust my life to it, but I don't want to be attempting low-percentage one-hand shots in competition with it.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

I don't notice the issues with the HK LEM shooting with two hands. I am absolutely convinced that the LEM trigger is harder to shoot with one hand. I have a DA/SA P30, and I am very tempted to send it to Gray Guns for a trigger job. Given the priority I place on one hand shooting, I think I would carry it over an LEM P30.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
    This all day long. A gentleman informed me of all the mods he performed on his G34, he then asked what mods I had on my P30. I gave a blank stare, and said I put sights on it. I could almost see the sinapses mis fire. He then asked what place I took, when I said first, I think he was upset.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    Really....compared to what? Where th HK design will start adding the time is in the shots at 15 yards and out, it is not uncommon to see shots going out to 25 yard and somtimes beyond. Almost any A class shooter and above can run respectable times with any service handgun at 10 yards and in. Flat shooting guns do matter and that is a bigger factor in USPSA at the higher level matches then most .
    In my first Steel Callenge match, on Speed option I was able to average 4.19 with my DA/SA P30. I did not feel hindered in anyway. But then I have got much to learn about competition. It was very enjoyable and can see myself doing it again.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List