Page 94 of 221 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Can anyone that has a shaggy for a Glock 19 tell me if they went with a 19 or 17 holster. I know with other manufacturers most guys prefer the extra length. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Can anyone that has a shaggy for a Glock 19 tell me if they went with a 19 or 17 holster. I know with other manufacturers most guys prefer the extra length. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
    I ended up purchasing both holsters, but I use the 19 most of the time. I find the 17 a little bit too long for comfort when sitting down. For reference, I'm about 5'-7" and 135lbs.

Guns with 4 or almost 4 inch barrels are quite stable in their respective holsters without additional length. I have two different plastic, including G19/Shaggy combo, and two different metal pistols of this size, and I never needed a longer holster.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Guns with 4 or almost 4 inch barrels are quite stable in their respective holsters without additional length. I have two different plastic, including G19/Shaggy combo, and two different metal pistols of this size, and I never needed a longer holster.
    This. Extending the smaller autos to G19 length solves problems with rollout on most folks.

To the G19-G17 question... I'd err to the G17 side of your build is tolerable. Unfortunately it may be a guessing game first go round.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

FF,
    You've got mail...

Site Supporter
    I prefer 17 length.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    I had a Shaggy in both G17 and G19 size. Even for carrying the G19, I preferred the G17 holster, so I ended up giving the G19 holster to a buddy.

I've even gone to the extreme of carrying a G19 in two different AIWB holsters made for the G34 (neither of them were a Shaggy). I wasn't just trying for the hell of it, but because I've long been on the fence about buying a G34 and wanted to see what a holster for one would feel like AIWB.

I've ultimately come to the conclusion that a G17 holster is the best option for me. Even setting aside the fact that I have SIRTs and a G17, I still prefer a G17 holster for carrying a G19.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

Awesome, thanks for all the replies. I'm about 6'3" and 190 pounds. It is kinda a guessing game. I'm sure I'll be good with either one, but I'd like to hopefully get the best one the first try lol
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Awesome, thanks for all the replies. I'm about 6'3" and 190 pounds. It is kinda a guessing game. I'm sure I'll be good with either one, but I'd like to hopefully get the best one the first try lol
    I'm 5'11" and 200lbs. I love my G19 in a G19 Shaggy.
    #RESIST

Byron what was your findings with the G34? I have thought about that option as well.

User Tag List