Page 91 of 221 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Hello All,

I'm new here but not to CCW or training.

I just received a Garrity Triskel and after talking with Mark, I am very interested in AIWB for my P226R.

I know Garrity has the In-Victus, anyone have one and can provide insight on how it compares to the other AIWB offerings?

If it helps, I am 5'-10" at 166#
    Last edited by MrMcCrackin; 11-22-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin View Post
    I just received a Garrity Triskel and after talking with Mark, I am very interested in AIWB for my P226R.

I know Garrity has the In-Victus, anyone have one and can provide insight on how it compares to the other AIWB offerings?
    What was your wait time for the Triskel?
    I ask because I've never heard any complaints about Garrity's work and the Invictus has a great reputation as a solid AIWB but his wait times in the past were beyond ridiculous.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Hello All,

I'm new here but not to CCW or training.

If it helps, I am 5'-10" at 166#
    Invictus is a great rig for those who prefer that type of a design, with mouthband and muzzle level wedges. I've had two and just sold one of mine only because my draw evolved and I now prefer not to have a sweatshield. That said, it conceals well, it has right amount of retention, and is very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    What was your wait time for the Triskel?
    I ask because I've never heard any complaints about Garrity's work and the Invictus has a great reputation as a solid AIWB but his wait times in the past were beyond ridiculous.
    About a month if that, he is local here in Phx. I found out that he is a LEO by day and leather artist by night,which explains his wait times.

Here is the Triskel I just received

Super comfortable and top notch quality!

For giggles I tried the Triskel at 1 o'clock all day yesterday, I really liked AIWB even with the cant of the Triskel, but it pushed the grip away from the body and printed, so I am thinking a designed specific AIWB is the way to go.

Had a long conversation with my nieghbor who is a LEO and AIWB a G26 off duty
    Last edited by MrMcCrackin; 11-23-2014 at 10:21 AM.

One more?

Do any of you guys AIWB with a tact light attached?

I'm pretty sure LittleLebowski does and possibly a couple more guys on the forum as well.

One more?

I AIWB with an X400/X400U. Never carried a pistol without a WML, honestly. I know a lot of people think the APL is the way to go, due to its smaller profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I AIWB with an X400/X400U. Never carried a pistol without a WML, honestly. I know a lot of people think the APL is the way to go, due to its smaller profile.

I've seen him do it. Despite being rather dainty he pulls it off in skinny jeans and s fitted shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I've seen him do it. Despite being rather dainty he pulls it off in skinny jeans and s fitted shirt.
    It is fricking weird to watch a 135 pound dude work with a P30L and an X400U at a true 12:30 carry.

I am currently running an Armordillo X-Fer with and X300 for my VP9 daily. Currently at about 2:30, but I have carried it more towards 1:30. It is the first IWB holster for a WML that I have ever liked.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Which holster?

I am 5'-10" @ 170#'s and i just came back from the movies with the family and HATED not having my x300 attached.

User Tag List