Page 90 of 221 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Ted, I agree with your belly band-like holster assessment. I know some guys pull it off. I think it depends how non-permissive the environment is. If I had a bulge at my waistline at work, it would be noticed most likely. The one from ICE seems bulky to me for a belly band, but I haven't tried one so...

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTed View Post
    Hi all,

I just finished reading all 89 pages in this thread. There is a lot of good info in here.

I have been carrying AIWB for almost a year, but haven't been able to find the perfect holster (which is a running theme in this thread). I have found a couple that are comfortable for t-shirt or un-tucked polo and conceal pretty well. My problem is at work I am required to wear business casual. i.e. kakhis and a button down or a polo. I haven't been able to find a AIWB holster that conceals well with that dress. I haven't seen this be addressed in the thread yet. I have been experimenting with the I.C.E. training modular belly band http://icestore.us/I-C-E-Modular-Bel...rossbreed.html.

I'd prefer a holster that has minimal or no exposed clips with my shirt tucked in because I don't want any goofy looks. For example, a Shaggy. Also, with having to tuck in my dress shirts the holster and belt can make it look like there is a small growth around my waistline.

I am open to any and all suggestions on holsters, belts, and techniques you all have tried that may/will help. I carry a Springfield XDS 9mm, and most days a extended mag in my pocket or in the I.C.E. modular belly band pockets.

Cheers,

UncleTed
    Have you looked at this:http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-TUCKABLE.html

I have no first hand knowledge of that holster, but seems to meet your requirements.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Its a great holster. I have the original prototype I tested for Tony, works great when deep concealment is needed.

Painful reminder. Pink gun, no holster or common sense, penis perforated.

Carried the Dale Fricke The Archangel 2 - $95 <http://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/archangel-2-appendix-carry/> for a while before recently replacing my daily carry. Now I am looking again for a new AIWB holster and you helped me decide. Reading your post I remembered why I loved this holster, after getting over the sticker shock. It was comfortable, minimal and TUCKABLE! For once the tuckable actually worked as well. Good luck on your search and I hope this helps.

Whatever happened to the .FIVE-O HOLSTER?

http://jjracaza.com/products/

I had such high hopes.

212 Tactical Designs seems to know something about them. Shows out of stock though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Whatever happened to the .FIVE-O HOLSTER?

I had such high hopes.
    It started out as the Frema Holster in 2003, I believe: http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/i...p/t-33450.html

Frema is based in the Philippines. Looking at pictures of it, the idea seems pretty straight forward, it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate.

Hi all,

I just finished reading all 89 pages in this thread. There is a lot of good info in here.

I have been carrying AIWB for almost a year, but haven't been able to find the perfect holster (which is a running theme in this thread). I have found a couple that are comfortable for t-shirt or un-tucked polo and conceal pretty well. My problem is at work I am required to wear business casual. i.e. kakhis and a button down or a polo. I haven't been able to find a AIWB holster that conceals well with that dress. I haven't seen this be addressed in the thread yet. I have been experimenting with the I.C.E. training modular belly band http://icestore.us/I-C-E-Modular-Bel...rossbreed.html.

I'd prefer a holster that has minimal or no exposed clips with my shirt tucked in because I don't want any goofy looks. For example, a Shaggy. Also, with having to tuck in my dress shirts the holster and belt can make it look like there is a small growth around my waistline.

I am open to any and all suggestions on holsters, belts, and techniques you all have tried that may/will help. I carry a Springfield XDS 9mm, and most days a extended mag in my pocket or in the I.C.E. modular belly band pockets.

Cheers,

UncleTed
    I've found that holsters which use a wedge on the muzzle end create more bulk. This can vary depending on pant and pistol ride height, and pistol length.

Imo for slim aiwb you want no ejection port relief and the tuck wedge on the trigger guard side.

Jm custom is close, as well as NSR tactical (good alternative to the Incog with combo rig. See their Facebook page for more options than on their site). Nuoso concealment holsters are in constant development and his newest design is nice but relies more on the muzzle wedge, but I think he uses the correct angle rather than straight vertical tuck.

I ended up getting tired of looking so I designed and made my own. It's interesting and if you're handy i would recommend it as a fun hobby. Um... not sure what should be disclosed if anything. I have no desire to get into the business, but I'm trying to get someone to incorporate my design features into his aiwb design. If it falls through I'll come back and describe what I did and post pictures.

For the loop, have you seen the j-clips? You can probably buy one at knifekits.com and put on whatever holster you have.

Or buy a Shield...
    Hi all,

Cheers,

UncleTed

Uhh, let me take a moment to educate you. First let me introduce myself. You know how this forum has people held in high regard for their specific skill set and knowledge base? Well I'm that guy for the bathroom.

First, you never drop trow to the ankles. You hold them above the knee. Capice?

Second most carry belts come with extra room. Loosen the belt to get pants to your knees, then secure it there.

Don't pull your undies over your gear. They'll rip and you'll try to discreetly throw them away but will get caught because your mom wrote your name on the tag when she bought them for you. Then someone will pin them to the bulletin board for everyone to see your streaks.

And don't set your gun inside your underwear. See about the streaks above. Nobody wants to touch that. Now go wash your hands.

User Tag List