Page 86 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I've asked Milt Sparks about neutral cant, they said no. (about a year ago)

A lot lower speed than the custom guys, and I've heard that delivery times have increased, but Don Hume has a double snap neutral cant holster:

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...pjcag760cplb12

I had one years ago that I sold off because I wanted a cant. I recall it being serviceable.

Any recommendations for an AIWB holster for a smaller gun, Kahr PM9?

Dark Star Gear or JMCK can get that squared away for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
    CCC Quick Cover works great.

Site Supporter
    so does the Uno.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob45 View Post
    IF I had to carry my wife's PM9, I'd go with either AIWB holsters from PHLster or Liion Defense.

I like my PHLster skeleton for my Shield 9 and the Liion xKlip for a super minimal VG2 feel.

Next on list to try is a JM Custom for AIWB'n a G19 w/RMR & APL as I plan to have my 19 milled and set up for the RMR.
    Last edited by J_B; 04-22-2014 at 12:33 AM.

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the scene of appendix carry. I started out like most of you thinking it was the most stupid method of concealed carry. After stumbling upon pistol-training.com a while back I read all about Todd's revelation regarding appendix carry and my thoughts about it changed as well. I've been carrying concealed for many years as a civilian and could never find the right holster/gun combination to conceal well all the time. I am tall and thin framed so it's extra hard to hide a gun unless I wear an oversized sweatshirt all year round. Carrying at 4:30 was just a pain in the pooper. Forget bending over without flashing my gun. I pretty much decided that the only gun I could definitely conceal all the time was my Kahr P380 in pocket or ankle carry. But I always feel under gunned with only a .380. After reading a lot about appendix carry I recently started carrying my G19 or Sig 1911 CCO stuck in the front of my pants UNLOADED and just around the house to get an idea of what appendix carry was like. I must say that I was immediately impressed with level of concealment I got with only a T-shirt to cover the gun. No way could I get that level of concealment with a Glock previously. I had actually bought the 1911 because I thought I would never be able to conceal a G19 on my frame and the thinner 1911 might allow me to conceal a bigger gun. Now with the right holster I should definitely be able to conceal the Glock.

I am super apprehensive about carrying Condition 1 in appendix carry with the muzzle pointed at my manhood and FA. I consider myself very safe with firearms but nobody is perfect. I will be adopting Todds approach to holstering a pistol in appendix carry which I think is excellent. But I can see myself being very nervous while carrying in this method. I was wondering if anyone here has added a pad to their AIWB holster like the one Clusterfrack made, refer to this thread on Glocktalk.com:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1522970
    He says that the pad provides several benefits:
    1. Added comfort as it prevents the muzzle from digging in.
    2. Added concealment as it pushes the grip tighter against your stomach.
    3. Added safety as it angles the pistol such that the muzzle is not pointed at any body part.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Any one else have experience with this pad modification to an AIWB holster?

I should also be able to conceal the 1911 even better than the Glock but boy is it uncomfortable when bending over to do something like tie your shoes. That beavertail digs into my abdomen and it isn't very fun. Anyone else find 1911 appendix carry very uncomfortable at times? Any solution for this? I have no such issues with the Glock.

I'm looking at holsters now and trying to decide what to get. There are a lot of good options and I really appreciate reading about all of your experiences with different holsters. I was wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in comfort between holsters that have a straight edge at the muzzle and holsters that mold around the muzzle to create a rounded edge. An example of the straight edge design would be something like the Dale Fricke Archangel or Phlster Skeleton or the Haley Incog. An example of the molded muzzle design would be the JMC Appendix holster or the CCC Shaggy.
    Last edited by Irelander; 04-23-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Muzzle pad / foam is a standard mod for me on the holsters that don't have it already.

User Tag List