Page 81 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I agree completely (and 1.5" is what I decided to stick with).
    Having said that, most of the above-mentioned manufacturers would be willing to sell you two different belt loops with each holster, should you decide you want to play around with different belt widths.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I agree completely (and 1.5" is what I decided to stick with).
    Having said that, most of the above-mentioned manufacturers would be willing to sell you two different belt loops with each holster, should you decide you want to play around with different belt widths.
    That is correct on my part. The AIWB-CDA II loops can be changed out very easily. Adjustable ride heights would be the same with either belt.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Kydex loops are also really easily made. Im no kydex wizz, a usable AIWB holster is beyond me without a doubt, but I was able to turn out these loops on my first try and have since made several others to try and perfect my rig.

The two on top were yet to be trimmed

Greg

I hear you on the 1.5" belt with a holster designed for 1.75" - something I had not originally thought of, good point! My thinking on the 1.75" belt was simply because of the increase weight of the steel framed 1911; while I know a 1.5" belt will work just fine, I'm guessing a 1.75" belt will offer more support. Weights seems like the issue with carrying a 1911, but you bring up a good point.

I've carried AIWB before, and know it worked for my Sig P239, but just not with a full size 1911 - hence putting in orders for a few holsters, to see which works the best. I did this with my Sig and sold the others that didn't work for me, so going into this with a similar mindset. The second hand market on here looks hopping, so I'm also keeping my eye out in the WTS section. Looks like I'll have to ponder on this belt decision!

Desbiens GunLeather - #4 Hardcore

Read through the thread a second time tonight and caught another holster that I had missed on the first go-around:

Desbien's Gunleather - #4 Hardcore

Looks like a nice product, and even had input from some here on the thread. I also like his Covert Reverse Cant Mag Holder - seems it'd allow placement VERY similar to where I carry on duty.

Mine is for a full sized 1911 with a Dawson rail. If your 1911 has a similar rail, you won't have a lot of trouble convincing me to sell mine to you

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Mine is for a full sized 1911 with a Dawson rail. If your 1911 has a similar rail, you won't have a lot of trouble convincing me to sell mine to you
    The holster just didn't work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    Read through the thread a second time tonight and caught another holster that I had missed on the first go-around:

Desbien's Gunleather - #4 Hardcore

Looks like a nice product, and even had input from some here on the thread. I also like his Covert Reverse Cant Mag Holder - seems it'd allow placement VERY similar to where I carry on duty.
    Mine has no tuck whatsoever, so the (G19) grip prints, and the (standard) ride is too low to get a full firing grip. Desbiens also makes a high-ride version (which is what I coulda/shoulda ordered).

Quote Originally Posted by jholen View Post
    The holster just didn't work for you?
    Unfortunately, no. Didn't conceal. I made it to be a test bed for user modifications. Some of them didn't do well to its finish . It was the first one I velcroed one of my foam wedges to, which made things better, and that was a valuable lesson.
    Another valuable lesson was not to order an exotic leather holster that you're not 100% sure about...

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Mine has no tuck whatsoever, so the (G19) grip prints, and the (standard) ride is too low to get a full firing grip. Desbiens also makes a high-ride version (which is what I coulda/shoulda ordered).
    My experience too. It is very comfortable though and so I keep using it until I find something better. A G26 absolutely disappears in it but a 19 takes a bigger shirt.

I've tried Kydex and leather and prefer leather.

User Tag List