Page 74 of 221 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

I have found AIWB a bit better with a 5 degree forward cant. It keeps the holster from pressing into my thigh when seated.

We are diminished
    AOWB

(at 0:20)

I did not notice it was inside his belt the first time.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    AOWB

(at 0:20)
    I for one am shocked their not sticking with their Kimbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Alternative endings include having the wife save my life with the tourniquet in the trunk, though I often lose the leg in that version.
    The Femoral Artery is very elastic and can shrink into the pelvic area. It would be more important that she dig into the wound, find the FA and apply pressure with her finger tips. A tourniquet may not help at all, even if placed above the wound. You may just bleed out internally into the pelvic girdle.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by joshrunkle35 View Post
    The Femoral Artery is very elastic and can shrink into the pelvic area. It would be more important that she dig into the wound, find the FA and apply pressure with her finger tips. A tourniquet may not help at all, even if placed above the wound. You may just bleed out internally into the pelvic girdle.
    Paraphrase: AIWB is great unless it kitten kills you.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Paraphrase: AIWB is great unless it kitten kills you.
    I compressed about 800 femorals in my life, give or take a hundred. Wanna hire me as independent consultant to give a half hour or so practical seminar during your appendix classes? Think about it as a marketing tool too, how many instructors offer that. For friends, my fees are modest.

3 Speed & Ruger SR40C

I have yet tried to draw for any speed. I have been practicing slowly pulling it straight up and trying to train my muscle to recognize without looking when I clear the Holster so i can rotate gun and extend it forward . I do this basically in front of the Bathroom Mirror (And yes it is unloaded and safety checked)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I compressed about 800 femorals in my life, give or take a hundred. Wanna hire me as independent consultant to give a half hour or so practical seminar during your appendix classes? Think about it as a marketing tool too, how many instructors offer that. For friends, my fees are modest.
    Very, very good food for thought. I have switched to (okay, am in the process of switching to) the HK P-series because as careful as I am, (and I'm very careful) I absolutely l-o-v-e the ability to ride a hammer when carrying appendix. My old P7s are great for appendix carry (meaning safe and fast) but getting harder and harder to support. And time has marched on, design-wise.

I shoot a Glock better than pretty much anything I've tried, but I have decided to train up on a LEM and a P2000 (or two or three) for peace of mind.

Thank you, Pistol-Forum.

How to carry a G26 AIWB?

Hi All,

I'm new here and being directed to this thread from another forum is how I found y'all. And I'm glad I did, very informative stuff. Thanks. I'm interested in getting an AIWB rig for my G26. I have a Mitch Rosen CLP for it that wears very comfortably and conceals very well, but it sits low on my belt line and I have a difficult time getting a good grip. I'm more concerned with getting a good draw than 100% covert carry, I don't mind little bulge under my shirt.

I have read all 74 pages of this thread. I have been carrying a J-frame AIWB for a couple of years+ now. I mostly use a FIST #1K ultra-thin Kydex. I don't expect it to last a lifetime but it does work very well for me. I'm 5'8" about 150lbs with a moderately athletic build. I don't know my chest / shoulder size.

Understandably, most of the posts are about AIWB with bigger guns. Well, I spend half my year living and working in a ban-state in a cash business and am limited to 10 round mags. I do have a G19, but am not interested in getting 10 rounders or even having it in the nanny-state. Plus, I have more practice time in with the 26.

I've investigated most of the rigs discussed here and am left confused and a bit overwhelmed. So far I'm considering an Archangel and a Silent Thunder Slim and am open to any suggestions. Would I be better off to get a G19 rig even though the 26 would be my main carry gun? Does anyone here carry a G26/27 AIWB and what do you use?

Thanks in advance for any input. great site here too IMO. Thanks.

-JC

User Tag List