Page 57 of 221 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    I can bend over, sit down, ect virtually identically as without the gun carrying a G17.
    Seriously? I just don't see how that's possible?

Would you mind posting a picture of your gear setup? I'm in San Diego county currently so the only CC I do is in my own home, but we visit friends in AZ frequently and I want to carry while there, so I want to get the kinks worked out.

I can bend over, sit down, ect virtually identically as without the gun carrying a G17.
    I have to agree... I can honestly say that I very very rarely notice my G19 in its Shaggy. Bending down, sitting, are all a non issue.

At first I did have some pressure points when in weird positions, but I just wore it around the house for a week to find the sweet spot and it's been smooth sailing.
    Last edited by JV_; 07-02-2012 at 06:28 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

The same for me, I can bend over way easier wile carring my G35 in my Keeper holster than I can wile carring stong side at 3-5 O'colck. There is no printing wile doing this so I dont have to 'take a knee" or squat or hike a leg...... just bend over and pick up what I need to and this is what really sold me on AIWB.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Well then I have to be doing something wrong. The top of my slide and my sights dig into my stomach pretty bad if I bend over, and the muzzle is either in my leg/hip or my junk.

Quote Originally Posted by senorlechero View Post
    Well then I have to be doing something wrong. The top of my slide and my sights dig into my stomach pretty bad if I bend over, and the muzzle is either in my leg/hip or my junk.
    what holster are you using ?

Not really sure what you guys will see from a vid of me sitting, but here I am with a G17 in a Keeper
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 07-03-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: embedded video
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

JM AIWB

JM AIWB
    not familiar , but I have run a CCC Shaggy, Kolbeson TX Comfort, Garrity Invictus, and a Keeper .
    does that video alleviate your disbelief ?

Right now the Keeper is top of my favorite holster list. One part of AIWB that many note is how variances in body type/shape/size can greatly effect which holster one uses, comfort, ride height, ect. The issue then is that many people get a holster that doesnt work for them and then think its the carry style thats the problem. With the Keeper (I am not a paid spokesman, I bought mine at full price) you can adjust for cant, ride height, and the removable padding lets you adjust not only how bif the pillow is on it and how much it tilts inwards but position it for maximum comfort so it sits in your pelvic crease at the correct spot.
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

not familiar , but I have run a CCC Shaggy, Kolbeson TX Comfort, Garrity Invictus, and a Keeper .
    does that video alleviate your disbelief ?

Right now the Keeper is top of my favorite holster list. One part of AIWB that many note is how variances in body type/shape/size can greatly effect which holster one uses, comfort, ride height, ect. The issue then is that many people get a holster that doesnt work for them and then think its the carry style thats the problem. With the Keeper (I am not a paid spokesman, I bought mine at full price) you can adjust for cant, ride height, and the removable padding lets you adjust not only how bif the pillow is on it and how much it tilts inwards but position it for maximum comfort so it sits in your pelvic crease at the correct spot.

This!!!!!

You have to find a holster that works for YOU.
    Also you have to have room in the pants that your wearing to accommodate the holster and give it room to basically be there, some of my pants are more comfortable than others wile caring AIWB, and Belt tension is HUGE a little to much or not enough can cause it to be uncomfortable or print badly and sometimes just 1/4 of belt movement can make this kind of deference.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

vid of me sitting, but here I am with a G17 in a Keeper
    That's incredible to me, where is the muzzle going in relation to your body? And where does the rear of the pistol sit? And how high do you wear your pants? I'm really not understanding how you can bend, past sitting upright, with a holster there.

And the holster situation is getting out of hand already.

That's incredible to me, where is the muzzle going in relation to your body? And where does the rear of the pistol sit? And how high do you wear your pants? I'm really not understanding how you can bend, past sitting upright, with a holster there.

And the holster situation is getting out of hand already.

Part of this is to have enough room for the holster..... To make this work for me I had to move my belt line up to my "waist" instead of the low ride pants I used to wear. This made AIWB go from a NO-GO to man how did I ever cary a gun before!!! It was SO much better. You have to find a gun and holster combo that will work for you, some guys cant carry a G35 or even a G17 but can a G19 and some cant do that and end up just fine with say a PPS, and in fact that was my Nephew he could not do any Glock but Loves the PPS that's the biggest gun he can comfortably carry AIWB. So in some ways you have to have a try it and see if it will work attitude, and if it does not work try and figure out why and how the holster/ gun combo would have to change to make it work, and sometimes just moving the holster up or down 1/8'' will take it from just ok to perfect.

User Tag List