Page 55 of 221 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Appendix carry isn't new:

Sorry, just had to!

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    It lacks the features that make a good AIWB holster good, but it's cheap an available. Worth a shot, especially if you aren't committed to AIWB yet. Just be aware...it lacks the features that make a good AIWB holster good.
    I could make a custom wedge, and use velcro and foam to make a pad that leverages the muzzle out. Other than that which features to you feel that are most lacking? Adjustable retention screw? Durable attachment point? Adjustability for ride height and cant?

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Fortunately or unfortunately, it's a self-correcting problem.
    The stakes are incredibly high, and margin for error is zero. Sort of like skydiving without a parachute. You can do it - once. I cringe when I go to the range and see people try to speed reholster while carrying AIWB.

Proper training and holsters are an absolute must if you choose to carry AIWB. Just my 2 kopeks.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I could make a custom wedge, and use velcro and foam to make a pad that leverages the muzzle out. Other than that which features to you feel that are most lacking? Adjustable retention screw? Durable attachment point? Adjustability for ride height and cant?
    Most good holsters are designed, structurally, to rotate the grip into the abdomen along the vertical axis (perpendicular to the belt line).
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

Also, it has a clip as an attachment point--generally unsatisfactory.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post
    That is awesome!

As mentioned at the very beginning of this thread, Bruce Nelson's original Summer Special was designed as an appendix iwb holster. The idea has been around a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Proper training and holsters are an absolute must if you choose to carry AIWB. Just my 2 kopeks.
    Agreed. The number of people who decide to give it a try -- especially with striker fired guns -- because it's hip, cool, or has some perceived benefit they don't really understand is just downright scary. I'm obviously a huge fan of aiwb but really wish people would be more thoughtful about their choice (and their practice).

Quote Originally Posted by blr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That is awesome!
    Tis'. FWIW, Appendix OWB was also the position we were taught to wear our M9's with a duty belt in the USMC. Not sure if Jack Leuba had anything to do with that, as I learned it shortly after he left WTBN at Quantico.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    As mentioned at the very beginning of this thread, Bruce Nelson's original Summer Special was designed as an appendix iwb holster. The idea has been around a very long time.
    After so many pages, this deserves to be shown again. Skip to :50:

Looks like Miami Vice helped popularize stuff other than European fashion and music-based stanzas.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Looks like Miami Vice helped popularize stuff other than European fashion and music-based stanzas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    I'm comfortable sitting on the couch in my boxers fiddling with my balls, but I don't fight like that.

I'm just impressed Todd is going to give it a go with a 1911 that has nice sharp checkering, G10 grips, and a wonderfully pointy grip safety!

Good show!

As for me, my Colt is behind my hip in a Kirkpatrick IWB Strong Side. I just can't see how this isn't painful with a 1911. I can see how standing it would be perfect. But sitting????

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Tis'. FWIW, Appendix OWB was also the position we were taught to wear our M9's with a duty belt in the USMC. Not sure if Jack Leuba had anything to do with that, as I learned it shortly after he left WTBN at Quantico.

That was so cool when I saw that episode in the 80s'. I later found out the actor was also a B Class National Champion as I recall.

User Tag List