Page 44 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Southnarc and Rhome,
    Would you mind commenting on the advantages/disadvantages of horsehide vs. bull for this holster? Does it help with retention and strength of the holster when subjected to ECQC, or is it primarily cosmetic? Thanks

I've never found any cosmetic difference with horsehide. What it is is a hell of a lot stiffer. You can knock on it like knocking on a door and it sounds the same. I'm not sure I'd want that in an AIWB but I've never tried it. For OWB, I do prefer it.

Just received my DGL #4 hard core (not RC) and RC mag pouch today. After almost giving up on AIWB, all initial tests indicate that we have a WINNER. The holster pulls the butt of my full-size 1911 in perfectly. I paired it with the RC mag pouch, and that is a sweet combo.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Will an RMR (rear most position on slide with rear sight ahead of optic) equipped M&P or G17 fit into this holster? Just placed an order on your web site.
    To be honest with you, I really don't know. I see no reason why it wouldn't. I'm trying to talk my boss ( read wife) into letting me buy one as I know this set up is becoming very popular and we need to incorporate it into our holsters. But as it is, we are trying to gather enough funds to go to Shot Show in Jan. I hope to be able to speak to the optic manufactures and see if we can't get some different optics for our holsters.

For the time being, if the holster doesn't work just send it back and we will refund the purchase price back to you.

Rhome
    DGL

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Southnarc and Rhome,
    Would you mind commenting on the advantages/disadvantages of horsehide vs. bull for this holster? Does it help with retention and strength of the holster when subjected to ECQC, or is it primarily cosmetic? Thanks
    I have never worked with bullhide so I can't answer your question, sorry.

Rhome
    DGL

Quick question, and I hope it wasn't in the 45 pages of this thread. Will a Shaggy work with an RMR mounted most rearward? If not, can Rich easily mod it to work?

Can't anyone please help with the pros and cons to the various belt attachments choices on the Shaggy. If my google fu is just weak please help with a link. Also any cons to either of the leather backings?

Thanks
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Can't anyone please help with the pros and cons to the various belt attachments choices on the Shaggy. If my google fu is just weak please help with a link. Also any cons to either of the leather backings?

Thanks
    i went with the standard kydex belt loop. its strong and stays in one place, one con being that you have to remove the belt to take the holster off. snap loops would allow you to remove the holster without removing the belt but may not be as sturdy on the belt.
    I went with the leather comfort backing, it is comfortable without adding size and helps with preventing some heat getting to your body (vs kydex only), cons being added cost and the very top the leather started peeling off on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Thanks
    I've tried snaps and kydex loop, and prefer kydex due to more stable and secure positioning, which is very important with AIWB.

I have 5 CCC holsters, all with leather heat shields. Two of them have stayed put as is, two required re-gluing after some use with possible contribution of thumb safety hitting the edge of a holster, and one started to fall out without any use to speak off. So, the con is that the attachment of leather backing is not perfect. First time it needed to be re-done, I sent holsters back to Rich. When it kept happening, he and I talk on the phone, I bought the stuff he uses and literally poured it in. My CCC holsters now don't look that sexy, but the backing is not going anywhere anymore.

Pros are comfort and heat insulation. It should be noted that no other maker offers this option.

Thanks guys
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List