Page 43 of 221 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I have four different attachment loops for my #4 to tailor the holster to my belt loops and clothing. I am big on running all my AIWB stuff reverse cant. Others are different.

The pictures in this link should give a very good example of various ride heights and cants.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...ppendix-carry/
    Good stuff! Thanks

When I ordered my #4, I sent another holster to Rhome as a reference, so he could set up a ride height according to my preference. My #4 is a straight drop; it doesn't tuck in grip for me as well as my Shaggies do, but it gives more options in holster positioning.

I just picked up a new G19 this morning and have been carrying it in the Blade-Tech Nano I have for my G17. It works much better for the G19 and it keeps the grip of the G19 tucked in tightly. It doesn't print anywhere near as much as it did with my G17. I am digging this combo so far

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Actually Rhome now offers the #4 Hardcore in two different ride heights and both a neutral and reverse cant. Can't really get any better for the customer than that. And yes my preferred set-up right now is the #4 Hardcore High-Ride/Reverse Cant.

Scroll down and take a gander.

http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/iwb-holsters/
    SouthNarc, this is exactly what I have been waiting for. Do you think the G17 high ride style holster would work better for carrying a G19? I am thinking the extra length would help to stabilize it.

AIWB #4 Hardcore

Hello everyone, I'm Rhome of DGL or Desbiens Gun Leather. Been doing some reading on the forum, which I rarely do these days with trying to keep up on holster orders and family stuff. I have been working with my friend SouthNarc for some time now trying to develop the #4 Hardcore AIWB version and so far to this point we have developed the Reverse Cant holster. No one holster will fit everyone as we are all different shapes and sizes and so far there has been a lot of great points made here in this thread. I learn from feed back. I have been assisted by some of the best holster makers in the business such as the late, great Lou Alessi, Gary Brommeland and Mark Garrity. We developed the #4 R/C holster to aid in the comfort level when you are seated or bent over as the longer barreled guns do hurt in those positions until you get used to it. But mostly it we believe gives you an option as to how you want to draw the gun from the holster, straight up where you have to raise your elbow higher as opposed to the revers cant where the grip of the gun is more in line with the position of your hand and you're no raising your elbow as high as with the neutral cant holster. The #4 is also being made for the moment in two ride heights. There is only 1/4" difference between the two holsters but it does make a difference in the grip. We make the low ride for the guys who have a gut and their belly tends to flow over their belt when seated and it also aids in concealability ( wear the low ride version) and yes you do have to relearn how you grip the gun which I think is one of the down sides of being over weight and wanting to carry AIWB. I've been carrying this way for close to 4 yrs. now and am just as fast on the draw as someone carrying strong side without a cover garment on them. The high ride version is for the guys that have the "chiseled" body. The AIWB #4 hardcore works great with most guns with a barrel length of 4" or longer, the shorter barreled guns work really well with our AIWB #6, or Alessi's APX holster. Anyway I'm here to hopefully learn from you and to answer any questions you may have. Oh by the way, the AIWB #4 Hardcore R/C is officially named after SouthNarc and ShivWorks, he's a damned good firearms instructor and not a bad holster designer after all.

Thanks for your time,
    Rhome
    DGL

Awesome to have you here Sir!

I look forward to your experienced advice.
    AKA: SkyLine1

Will an RMR (rear most position on slide with rear sight ahead of optic) equipped M&P or G17 fit into this holster? Just placed an order on your web site.

Quote Originally Posted by DGL View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm Rhome of DGL or Desbiens Gun Leather. Been doing some reading on the forum, which I rarely do these days with trying to keep up on holster orders and family stuff. I have been working with my friend SouthNarc for some time now trying to develop the #4 Hardcore AIWB version and so far to this point we have developed the Reverse Cant holster. No one holster will fit everyone as we are all different shapes and sizes and so far there has been a lot of great points made here in this thread. I learn from feed back. I have been assisted by some of the best holster makers in the business such as the late, great Lou Alessi, Gary Brommeland and Mark Garrity. We developed the #4 R/C holster to aid in the comfort level when you are seated or bent over as the longer barreled guns do hurt in those positions until you get used to it. But mostly it we believe gives you an option as to how you want to draw the gun from the holster, straight up where you have to raise your elbow higher as opposed to the revers cant where the grip of the gun is more in line with the position of your hand and you're no raising your elbow as high as with the neutral cant holster. The #4 is also being made for the moment in two ride heights. There is only 1/4" difference between the two holsters but it does make a difference in the grip. We make the low ride for the guys who have a gut and their belly tends to flow over their belt when seated and it also aids in concealability ( wear the low ride version) and yes you do have to relearn how you grip the gun which I think is one of the down sides of being over weight and wanting to carry AIWB. I've been carrying this way for close to 4 yrs. now and am just as fast on the draw as someone carrying strong side without a cover garment on them. The high ride version is for the guys that have the "chiseled" body. The AIWB #4 hardcore works great with most guns with a barrel length of 4" or longer, the shorter barreled guns work really well with our AIWB #6, or Alessi's APX holster. Anyway I'm here to hopefully learn from you and to answer any questions you may have. Oh by the way, the AIWB #4 Hardcore R/C is officially named after SouthNarc and ShivWorks, he's a damned good firearms instructor and not a bad holster designer after all.

Thanks for your time,
    Rhome
    DGL
    What is your approximate delivery time?

Thanks Rhome. Very informative.

We are just starting on Aug. 2011 orders, so it is approx. 12-16 weeks. Gotta run, I have a class to teach in an hour.

Best regards,
    Rhome
    DGL

User Tag List