Page 21 of 221 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Did anyone have a rig that was not one of the usual...Dale Fricke, CCC etc?
    Off the top of my head, I think there was one Desantis, one Blade Tech, two or three Cane & Derby, and the rest were all CCC Loopers or Shaggys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Did anyone have a rig that was not one of the usual...Dale Fricke, CCC etc?
    I'm using a Don Hume H715 MSO in that picture. The only other holster besides CCC and CDI that I remember was a Comp-tac 2 o'clock.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    ... I remember was a Comp-tac 2 o'clock.
    That's right... I blocked that one out of my memory.

I'm using a Don Hume H715 MSO in that picture. The only other holster besides CCC and CDI that I remember was a Comp-tac 2 o'clock.
    I have a H715 as well but wasnt too fond of it AIWB, i ordered a Shaggy with leather backing in hopes that will work better for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolag23 View Post
    I have a H715 as well but wasnt too fond of it AIWB, i ordered a Shaggy with leather backing in hopes that will work better for me.
    Is it the clip or leather loop version? Mine definitely doesn't conceal as well as a dedicated AIWB holster, but it's the best inexpensive, readily available holster I've found for AIWB. I also have a 31" waist, which helps with concealment since I don't have anything pushing the grip/rear of the slide away from my body.

I think you'll find that the Shaggy is a much better holster for AIWB. I'm only using the H715 while I wait for a Shaggy as well.

Is it the clip or leather loop version? Mine definitely doesn't conceal as well as a dedicated AIWB holster, but it's the best inexpensive, readily available holster I've found for AIWB. I also have a 31" waist, which helps with concealment since I don't have anything pushing the grip/rear of the slide away from my body.

I think you'll find that the Shaggy is a much better holster for AIWB. I'm only using the H715 while I wait for a Shaggy as well.
    mine has the clip. i really like it for an inexpensive holster.
    i primarily run iwb with a MTAC but the leather backing collapses and makes the gun harder to remove/reholster. i thought that was a good reason to try AIWB. i have no idea what the lead time is for the Shaggy but i'm excited.

FWIW, "appendix carry" just didn't ring-my-chimes.

The comfort just wasn't there; I've been carrying either a 5" 1911 or a G23/G19 nearly daily for more than 10yrs in a "conventional" IWB holster and I don't even feel the pistol. With AIWB, it always felt extremely uncomfortable. Frankly, I was kind of surprised as I'm not short and I don't have a gut (6'3"/~200lbs) but AIWB just did not work at all (for me).

I seem to do okay with my current method of carry, and I'm glad that AIWB works for many but for me I'll just stick with "conventional" IWB. To each their own.

What holster did you try?

Quote Originally Posted by agent-smith View Post
    FWIW, "appendix carry" just didn't ring-my-chimes.

The comfort just wasn't there; I've been carrying either a 5" 1911 or a G23/G19 nearly daily for more than 10yrs in a "conventional" IWB holster and I don't even feel the pistol. With AIWB, it always felt extremely uncomfortable. Frankly, I was kind of surprised as I'm not short and I don't have a gut (6'3"/~200lbs) but AIWB just did not work at all (for me).

I seem to do okay with my current method of carry, and I'm glad that AIWB works for many but for me I'll just stick with "conventional" IWB. To each their own.
    #RESIST

Holster was a Sidearmor IWB.

Just any old IWB does not make a good AIWB.
    Would you carry strong side with a SOB holster and complain that it didn't work well?

User Tag List