Page 14 of 221 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB (Appendix Carry)

IMO the Archangel is a big step up from the Joab. I had problems getting the gun to position correctly with the Joab. I have no such isssues with the Archangel. With regards to the belt, the belt in the picture is an A&C Custom Gun Leather and is 1.25" wide. I use 1.25" leather belts because I mainly wear dress slacks or suits during work and I need a belt that can fit through the belt loops on those pants. I have three and they work well for me. I have one of the older versions of the Archangel that had different Pull-the-Dot straps. They are rubber and have holes in them so that I can make adjustments for the two different belt sizes I wear.

I also have two Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructor belts that I sometimes use. I can't feel a difference with comfort or ride while using the leather belts or the Wilderness belts.

I have used the Archangel with a Glock 19, and the gun tucks in nicely and is very concealable. I think you are really going to like the new holster since you are moving from the Joab.

Here is the Glock 19 with the Archangel.

The new Archangel loops are a big improvement over the "Blade-Tech" belt loops.
    They are thinner and lie flatter against your belt.

Quote Originally Posted by justcor View Post
    I asked Dale to swap out the straps on the Archangel to 1.5inch which he did. I should have the holster next week but I wonder if the 1.75 inch belt with the proper straps might be a better option?
    Every Archangel I've received from Dale has had all three belt loops (1.25, 1.5, 1.75) in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    That goes to show you how differant holsters work better for some folks and not others. Can't speak to the Archangel but I found that the Joab didn't conceal for me at all. However, the Shaggy and Raven's ACR worked well.

IMO, AIWB may be the most dependent on body type and holster placement of any of the carry positions.
    This statement is very true. I've been carrying AIWB for about 15 years now with various handguns (Browning HP, Commander length 1911's, various Glocks, M&P9 and now a P30). Over that time I've gone through various levels of fitness and my gut & waist line has grown & shrunk like the ocean tide. In the 90's while in the military I had the wash board abs, then the food blister set in when I got out, then I grew tired of being fat & got fit again and finally I now once again have a small gut. Guys that have a triangle shaped torso with the broad shoulders and small waist seam to have more options when it comes to holster design and placement. It's not impossible to carry AIWB with a larger waist line - you just have to figure out the right combination of holster design, position on the waist line and cover garment. Unfortunately this leads to the phenomenon known as "The Giant Box Of Holsters" hiding in your closet.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    IMO the Archangel is a big step up from the Joab. I had problems getting the gun to position correctly with the Joab. I have no such isssues with the Archangel. With regards to the belt, the belt in the picture is an A&C Custom Gun Leather and is 1.25" wide. I use 1.25" leather belts because I mainly wear dress slacks or suits during work and I need a belt that can fit through the belt loops on those pants. I have three and they work well for me. I have one of the older versions of the Archangel that had different Pull-the-Dot straps. They are rubber and have holes in them so that I can make adjustments for the two different belt sizes I wear.

I also have two Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructor belts that I sometimes use. I can't feel a difference with comfort or ride while using the leather belts or the Wilderness belts.

I have used the Archangel with a Glock 19, and the gun tucks in nicely and is very concealable. I think you are really going to like the new holster since you are moving from the Joab.

Here is the Glock 19 with the Archangel.

Thanks for the feedback. I honestly found little problems concealing the Joab but I found the holster hard to take on and off especially when out running errands to say the Post Office where I'm not able to carry legally. As long as the Archangel fits like the Joab I'm going to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Every Archangel I've received from Dale has had all three belt loops (1.25, 1.5, 1.75) in with it.
    Thanks for the info. In my communication with Dale he didn't mention that it came with several straps.
    Last edited by justcor; 03-20-2011 at 01:13 PM.

AIWB carry?

Hi, all. new member here. I'd like to know from those of you that like AIWB carry, how tall are you? I've been trying this as opposed to my normal IWB behind the hip. I'm only 5'8" and have trouble sitting down. pistol is HK P30. Thanks, SBR.

(edited by ToddG: merged thread from Autoloader section)
    Last edited by ToddG; 03-20-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Do you have a gut?

[Q?UOTE=SBR;6874]Hi, all. new member here. I'd like to know from those of you that like AIWB carry, how tall are you? I've been trying this as opposed to my normal IWB behind the hip. I'm only 5'8" and have trouble sitting down. pistol is HK P30. Thanks, SBR.[/QUOTE]

Where are you wearing the holster? Do you have it more at 2:00 and hitting yourself in the leg/thigh? Or do you have it more toward the centerline 12:00 and still having trouble?
    Last edited by tmoore912; 03-20-2011 at 03:51 PM.

No gut, I weigh 145 lbs. I'm a southpaw, been trying it at about 11:00. Guess I'll try it with the slide at about 12:00. Thanks, SBR.

User Tag List