Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: NBC News report on police firefights during manhunt for Boston bombing suspects

Mismanagement on a ton of levels...

I often look at events from a more military perspective - but the cordon zone (okay we can call it a perimeter) needs to be set early and solid.
    CONUS you don't really need an outer cordon - but we may find a time where there are needed.

The Incident Commander needs to be on site and controlling the scene -- a few LO's can deal with the higher brass and the political ramifications.

From what I see in LE, is the pre deployment planning is miserable or non-existent -- a quick map recce and frag O can get pertinent personnel immediately switch on to the ground needs.
    Everyone on the cordon needs to know the boundaries and the responsibilities of the cordon team. In a city - the cordons are very easy to set boundaries on it due to streets -- clear them, and control entry/egress.

Air Assets need to be controlled to offer the most good.
    Entry/Search Teams inside the cordon need to be systematically deployed and movements controlled to ensure that the targets do not escape.

I'm pretty sure my 4year old could have given them a run for their money.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Kevin I think our terms are different but the end results would be pretty similar. .

I don't know if Boston has CAD mapping in their DXTs but I've set perimeters off my computer map driving to a search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List