Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bundy Ranch

"It was obviously baffling enough to the Center for Biological Diversity that in April 2012 they filed a 60 day notice of intent to sue the BLM for not doing their job under the Endangered Species Act "

http://thesouthwestjournal.wordpress...he-government/

I just don't think the tortoise is worth this and as noted, the Bundys paid their fees for literally generations. Not placing the blame at the BLM's feet although, my family is not fond of the BLM and with good reason. I do understand that the BLM gets marching orders from DC.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    My roommate reports that the good filets she picked up for our weekly Archer-watching chowdown were $22 a pound. I'd personally hand-feed quite a few California joggers to mountain lions to get that number back below a Jackson.
    I like the way you think, Tam . I like the way you think.

I get that a lot of people enjoy the access to "free roaming spaces" that public land out west provides them.

As a constitutional purist, I do have to wonder what enumerated power gives the USG the authority to be a landowner on a scale that goes far beyond owning just enough land to carry out the duties and power the USC DOES give them (you know, maintaining a Navy, authorizing an Army, that sort of thing).

I can even understand the origin of such holdings when those lands were part of "territories" or "frontiers". But now they are states, states that enjoy the rights and prerogatives of the 10th Amendment.

That lack of Constitutional authority to be a landowner on a massive scale makes me question the existence of not just BLM, but of the Department of the Interior and every agency under it. And several other cabient level agencies while we're at it.

If it's not clear yet, I question the very legitimacy of a federal government of the scale and scope as it exists today.

And I don't much care for the "jurisprudence" that has been used to justify how we got from 1789 to here. Most of it is self serving circular logic.

Site Supporter
    I think this paper has a good historical and legal background on federal land issues. Yes I read it, it's 17 pages, but it's shorter than my public lands law book from back in school. (Which is currently propping up my computer monitor).
    http://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshal...7_12032007.pdf

Personally I enjoyed living near BLM lands in southern Idaho. Never had any issues with the cows or sheep (so-called pasture maggots) that I would run into while mountain biking on the BLM lands or, higher up, in the National Forest Lands.

Site Supporter
    http://www.wnd.com/2014/04/sheriff-f...raid-on-ranch/

The executive director of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association says his sources inside the federal government warn that Washington’s weekend retreat in a dispute over grazing land in Nevada was only a move to distract attention and diffuse tensions, because a raid on the family’s ranch still is planned.

I'm a little leery of that source
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I'd take WND over InfoWars.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I'd take WND over InfoWars.
    Such choices I imagine we'll see soon enough on the Bundy situation.

In the meantime, I saw this image elsewhere. I must admit that with Reid speaking on this situation, my opinion automatically veers in favor of Bundy.

Name:  ReidTortoise.GIF
Views: 180
Size:  10.9 KB
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I imagine we'll see soon enough on the Bundy situation.
    That was my thought too.

User Tag List