Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Guns

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Mythbusters hasn't actually been entertaining for about 4 seasons now. The push to blow everything up has gotten quite boring. If anything I agree here, it's not the fault of the presenters but the direction by the producers that has led to that show's decline.
    They should make an episode busting the myth that reality TV mirrors any sort of reality, with the sidekicks working on the myth that Mythbusters is about disproving popular beliefs that are untrue. Media executives only understand two kinds of content: ads and filler.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    At RJF? That level if derp requires a CDC response and probably took decades to get that bad.
    I think the show proved just how bad it can be when congenital derpes is passed down through a family lineage.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    They canceled Dirty Jobs due to "lack of drama". Then they canned Keri, Grant, Keri, Torry, and Keri from Mythbusters. They're as bad as the SciFi or History Channels.
    I had a sad when the SciFi channel changed its name to SyFy. I am pretty sure it stands for S*** Yeah F*** Yeah, what with all the giant octosharkopirahnatrons and everything.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    ... willing to work with the derp.
    This should be a motto for a firearms trainer. Or all firearms trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    I had a sad when the SciFi channel changed its name to SyFy. I am pretty sure it stands for S*** Yeah F*** Yeah, what with all the giant octosharkopirahnatrons and everything.
    SciFi started going downhill when they canceled the show "SciFi Buzz"...
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    This should be a motto for a firearms trainer. Or all firearms trainers.
    "Guaranteed Derp-Proof!"
    My favorite morale patch:
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

edit: skimmed

SyFy also dumped MST 3K, just when they started making the perfect movies to feature on that program...
    waitaminnit...

Site Supporter
    Wait, some of the movies had excellent points. In Sharknado-2, the hero sees that a sharknado is coming and says we have to get a lot of guns. The NY taxi driver (Judd Hirsch) says that this is NY. This is a strong pro RKBA statement. What round for the Sharknado gun?

Oh, dear - did I really post this. haha!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Wait, some of the movies had excellent points. In Sharknado-2, the hero sees that a sharknado is coming and says we have to get a lot of guns. The NY taxi driver (Judd Hirsch) says that this is NY. This is a strong pro RKBA statement. What round for the Sharknado gun?

Oh, dear - did I really post this. haha!
    If SOGs was still on they could build a Sharknado gun - cause it's " Nevah bin done Befoh"

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If SOGs was still on they could build a Sharknado gun - cause it's " Nevah bin done Befoh"
    Hahahaha. I hear this joke all the time, but it never gets old. I can always hear him say it...

...then I can picture it being something pretty common that already exists, but is silly, like the "chainsaw" version of the mossberg.

User Tag List