Thread: Does this POA/POI make sense to y'all?

Does this POA/POI make sense to y'all?

P30
    Trijicon HDs
    3, 5, 7 and 10 yd 5 rd groups (5 extra @ 10 and you'll see why) with 115 gr plinking ammo from High Country.

I've seen Dawson's image about sight height, etc, but I'm mathtarded, confused or should just shut up, because it makes sense to everyone else. I thought the further you'd go, the less the bore to sight height would effect (hope I used that word right) the POA/POI.....especially with a gun with sights that I thought were zeroed at 25 meters. Trijicon uses the factory height for HK IIRC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Did you use the tip of the front sight or were you using the DOT? If I remember correctly HK shoots to the dot. If you were using the tip of the front sight that is the difference in POI I would expect.

Were these sights for 115 grain bullets of something different?

Remember bullets do not travel in a flat line height wise they travel in an arc rising from the muzzle and then slowly dropping at some point. Also the differences are light fast bullets tend to travel in a flatter trajectory and heavier slower bullets tend to travel more in an arc.

For my revolver which is sighted for 160 grain bullets when I shoot 125's in it they tend to land lower as the distance increases, because since they travel faster they exit the muzzle earlier in the recoil impulse and the muzzle hasn't risen as far yet.

We can discuss this further when we get together or call me.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

The Trij sights are a bit higher (at a glance), but the ratio between front and rear should be to HK spec (according to a Trij rep I emailed).

My HDs took a little time to get used to, but seem to pretty much to POA/POI at close distances. I'll prob shoot tomorrow, and will try to remember to take come pics.

Quote Originally Posted by rsa-otc View Post
    Did you use the tip of the front sight or were you using the DOT? If I remember correctly HK shoots to the dot. If you were using the tip of the front sight that is the difference in POI I would expect.
    Actually I have it backwards, IT looks like you shot to the Dot and the gun is regulated to the tip of the front sight.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

My P30 shot heavy 12:00 with factory and Heinie sights, lollipop at around 15yds on B8 for 10 ring, significantly below that at 25 for center.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Thanks F2S, that confirms I'm not nuts at least.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List