Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Witnessed Model 1911 600yd shot

Witnessed Model 1911 600yd shot

I'm new to this forum, I have spent about 2 years reading the pistol-training blog. I did search this Autoloaders section to see if "Lippard" came up a match and no results were shown.

So here is the webpage for Karl Lippard showing the witnessed 600yard shooting of his personally modified model 1911.
    [URL="http://karllippard.com/military/Testimonials.html"]

There is also video material posted to actually see him doing this performance.

Of additional interest is his approach to gunsmithing the 1911 esp. the A2 upgrade, which is detailed on this webpage,
    [URL="http://hkarllippard.com/military/1911A2-Upgrade.html"]

Perhaps the technical aspects of Mr. Lippard's approach to improving the barrel link fit is worthy of remarks from some of the gunsmiths that frequent this forum? Mr. Lippard states that the full blown NCO grade of his 1911 design is designed to work through 150,000 rounds.

I hope this posting is worthy of generating enough interest to warrant comments. My apologies if this is "old information" to those of you on this forum.

Respectfully - Michael

http://karllippard.com/military/Testimonials.html

I can't see the link at work, but here's a clickable version. Sounds intriguing. I don't even know what to make of a 150,000 round service life. That seems like rather a lot to me.

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

Back in the day, our preferential weapons of choice for targets at that distance were rifles, artillery, or close air support...

Best, Jon

Witnesses: Charles Henderson, Steve Davis, George Wright, Randall Crumrine, Scott McIntire, et al.
    Name:  400px-SilveradoSAA-9.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  30.1 KB

To quote Mr. Dawson from Silverado: "Mister, I don't know any of those names."

The Karl Lippard pops up every couple of years or so. Always claiming to have made crazy shots with his super 1911s, but never allowing any independent observers to see the shots. Funny, that.

1911s are a little overbuilt. If correctly made, I have many anecdotes of guns approaching 200K rounds on the same slide and frame. What the relevance of that might be I don't know, but there you go.

KL needs to get his marketing guy in a room and have a "come back to Jesus talk ith him."

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    KL needs to get his marketing guy in a room and have a "come back to Jesus talk ith him."
    Word.

This is my favorite part:
    The NCO Grade pistols were requested by the Marine Corps for special unit use such as Force Recon, Delta Force and other special weapons units of the government for use against terrorists. A manual was written to tactical engagement.
    Oh, wait, no... I forgot about this part!
    Born in Combat and tested there by Marines, Delta and CIA since 1987 the Combat NCO remains the only "Offensive use" 400 yard accurate military pistol designed for that duty in the world today
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-11-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Some of his lines reminded me of the conversations I hear when standing around at the gun store counter, gun shop commando stuff. I had flash backs to the time I heard a guy tell the young (female) RSO that he created the .50AE for special operations.

I recall reading some on the KL website. Making a 600 yard shot with a 45 auto isnt impossible, but there are far better tools for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    http://karllippard.com/military/Testimonials.html

I can't see the link at work, but here's a clickable version. Sounds intriguing. I don't even know what to make of a 150,000 round service life. That seems like rather a lot to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    1911s are a little overbuilt. If correctly made, I have many anecdotes of guns approaching 200K rounds on the same slide and frame. What the relevance of that might be I don't know, but there you go.
    Kyle Defoor and others have hit 200,000+ and 300,000+ on Glock 17's. Pretty impressive.
    If not me, then who?

User Tag List