Thread: K45c Magazines

K45c Magazines

I recently traded for a HK45c.

I noticed that the magazine it came with allowed rounds to go in with less force than mage I picked up which were new.

When I took off the baseplates, the mag with the gun had a shorter spring than the newer mage. The gun doesn't appear to have been used all that hard, nor does the mag body.

Is this kind of spring compression normal in HK mags?

I'm shooting it this weekend. I'll post any problems, but I'm just looking for a heads up for potential or known issues with the HK45c magazines.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I recently traded for a HK45c.

I noticed that the magazine it came with allowed rounds to go in with less force than mage I picked up which were new.

When I took off the baseplates, the mag with the gun had a shorter spring than the newer mage. The gun doesn't appear to have been used all that hard, nor does the mag body.

Is this kind of spring compression normal in HK mags?

I'm shooting it this weekend. I'll post any problems, but I'm just looking for a heads up for potential or known issues with the HK45c magazines.

Thanks.
    Mitchell, I have a pair of 8 round HK45C mags that I purchased with my first personally-owned HK, a USPc .45, in 2005. They have been in steady use as "range mags" ever since.

Their springs are a good half-inch, or more, shorter than my newer mags of the same type. They still work fine.

Some "SMEs" will tell you that you should use Wolff mag springs for best results. I have been using all-OEM magazines in two USPc pistols and three HK45C pistols for quite a few years now. I haven't needed any after market stuff.

FWIW, I have noticed this "spring-shortening" phenomena with my Glock 19s and 1911 as well. I suspect pretty much all box magazines suffer from this eventually.

User Tag List