Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P Guts

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Bill, what's your take on the accuracy issues with the M&P platform?
    He's covered that here before. A little searching or the below entered into Google will work for you:

Code:
    your search terms site:pistol-forum.com
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    *Full Disclosure - I'm trying to make money in this field - shouldn't be a surprise by now*

PTFE containing aren't the best thing in the world to put on AR bolts, especially DI systems. Just consider PTFEs upper use temperaturs and burning characteristics. We all but refuse to finish AR bolts in the PTFE containing coating. When we get an AR, the client is typically educated as to what each finish does well, and what it doesn't do well. And almost no one chooses PTFE for the BCG or upper. Those get the BN finish, and most choose black.
    Not going to argue. I just have had a couple of chances to run ARs really heavy that have had NP3 on the BCG, and totally dry they will run over 1500s rounds before they choke. With standard parts a dry AR/M16 wouldn't go 100 rounds in my experience.

Now you have me worried I'll be growing a third eye from breathing Teflon fumes from those guns.

Personally, I'd go with a silver BCG if I had a choice, gives a better visual on lube, carbon build up, etc.

Site Supporter
    Bill.

How new/ recent manufacture is the M&P you are working on?

Are you seeing any indications of the warped slides or eccentric barrels previously noted in some of the 9mm M&Ps?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Now you have me worried I'll be growing a third eye from breathing Teflon fumes from those guns.
    That was absolutely not the reason I said that.....

But you are absolutely correct, ARs benefit from dry lube based finishes more than just about anything. Send me an upper and bcg and I'll make you a total convert to TNT-Black.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Bill.

How new/ recent manufacture is the M&P you are working on?

Are you seeing any indications of the warped slides or eccentric barrels previously noted in some of the 9mm M&Ps?
    I have no idea how old this gun is. This one, though it's a 40, is straight as an arrow. I wouldn't be spending the time/effort on it, much less sending it back to someone who might actually need it in the line of duty if I didn't check it out thoroughly.

Though, the crown and bore finish is typical S&W. I'm sure Tam can describe that more colorfully than I.

Side by side with Glock guts:

Interesting to compare the parts. Too bad you can't mix and match stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    I wouldn't be spending the time/effort on it, much less sending it back to someone who might actually need it in the line of duty if I didn't check it out thoroughly.

Though, the crown and bore finish is typical S&W. I'm sure Tam can describe that more colorfully than I.
    I knew you would - that's why I asked.

Would it benefit from re- crowning the way some older Glock barrels do? If so, would the factory finish be an issue ?

Site Supporter
    While doing Glock internals, can you coat the trigger bar?

User Tag List