Thread: Beretta 92 trigger conversion

Beretta 92 trigger conversion

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Wilson-C...oductinfo/643/

A standard and reduced power version of this part is offered. Which one do users of this modification find preferable?

By the looks of it, it is a Wolff unit, unless Bill Wilson or WCRep prove me wrong. Reduced power is better, lower pull weight with a decent reset.
    I much prefer a standard spring over these. Yet to break one too.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I much prefer a standard spring over these.
    Because?

First, I don't think they are accurate. Standard feels heavier, reduced about right. That's a minor point. Bigger point is a quality of a trigger pull. It is smoother and more linear with a stock spring; two Wolffs I tried stacked up at the end a bit. To me it is worth counting the dry and live volume and changing it every 5K.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    First, I don't think they are accurate. Standard feels heavier, reduced about right. That's a minor point. Bigger point is a quality of a trigger pull. It is smoother and more linear with a stock spring; two Wolffs I tried stacked up at the end a bit. To me it is worth counting the dry and live volume and changing it every 5K.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I too prefer the stock spring over these units, neither of the two left me happy when installed. One being too heavy the other too light on the reset. As mentioned above the stacking was strange as well.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I have the standard weight Wolff unit in my 92G. The only difference I can make out is the reset. Which feels a little slower, not that I can out run it. Make sure the Wollf unit is lubricated well. The "D" mainspring makes a bigger difference in pull weight to me.

After discussing it in depth with Dave at Wolff, he recommended and I went with the reduced power unit for my 92D; several years/thousands of round of live fire, and thousands more of dry-fire trigger manipulations, I'm very pleased with it. The 92D, being a DAO, requires that the trigger be fully forward to reset; I've not encountered that the reduced power TCU increases the reset time comared to the OEM trigger return spring. My OEM trigger return spring broke (fortunately during a dry-fire session); while Beretta has materially and finish-wise significantly improved the current OEM spring, I much prefer the Wolff TCU.

I literally cannot tell the difference in feel/return from the OEM spring wih thhe reduced power TCU. My 92D is used for both carry and IDPA.

Best, Jon

Granted they were military guns, but I was disturbed by an occurrence when I was teaching a class at Rogers. A group of 15 SF guys made up the class. Of the 15 guns, 6 broke broke a trigger spring within the first two days of the class. I ordered the Wolff units for my Berettas the next week. I use the standard power springs.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
    Granted they were military guns, but I was disturbed by an occurrence when I was teaching a class at Rogers. A group of 15 SF guys made up the class. Of the 15 guns, 6 broke broke a trigger spring within the first two days of the class. I ordered the Wolff units for my Berettas the next week. I use the standard power springs.
    My Elite will be starting Rogers on Monday. It has about 1k live and 1k dry through it. By the time my RSS is over, it'll be close to a replacement interval. We'll see what happens.

User Tag List