Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Analyzing the Front Sight ND reports

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Both Hack and LAV were big on ejection port register when I spent time with them. I now use it. Defoor teaches Half Sabrina.
    Were they big on ejection port register for handling/moving with the pistol or as part of the draw stroke?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Were they big on ejection port register for handling/moving with the pistol or as part of the draw stroke?
    I seem to remember it as part of the handling and moving. With that said, Larry fixed part of my draw stroke where I had a habit of my finger being very straight, but it touched at the intersection of the top of the trigger guard at the junction of the frame (Glock) and Larry had me move it higher. So essentially it is a consideration on the draw stroke but the very high finger was heavily emphasized on the movement and gun handling portion of the equation.

For what it's worth, Wayne and I use the "feel steel" for all our polymer frame pistol shooters, using the finger at least in slide contact as a register point. For me one of the best positves of the P30 is that the right side slide release forms a near perfect index point for my trigger finger and places the tip of my trigger finger right in the box in front of the release. I get a distinctive tactile refence point along my entire index finger.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    For me one of the best positves of the P30 is that the right side slide release forms a near perfect index point for my trigger finger and places the tip of my trigger finger right in the box in front of the release. I get a distinctive tactile refence point along my entire index finger.
    I use that spot as well. Easy to find/feel with no ambiguity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I just watched this video from the USPSA 3 Gun Nationals of one of the Red Kool-Aid guys (I am always rooting for the HK shooters, and love watching them run the guns at speed) and noted that it was exactly as I described earlier in the thread where there was never a hot pistol holstered under any stress (and I will note many started condition 3). I just find it sort of interesting that there was a time when competition really drove what was happening on the street. Early IPSC was really like early NASCAR. Now, I think we are headed towards pure sport with it driving its own development and culture that is in no way shape or form remotely like any sort of street level gun handling or tactics. Good or bad is totally irrelevant and I am passing ZERO judgement as this is a POSITIVE for the shooting sports, modern service type of firearms and development. With that said, I also think we are missing out on some development on some of the other aspects of firearms use under stress. This is really no different than what is going on with most of the L/E and Mil world as well where we set up totally risk averse situations in "training" (that is really qualification) and then being amazed when there are problems when these individuals are asked to perform required gun handling actions under actual stress during a crisis.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I just watched this video from the USPSA 3 Gun Nationals of one of the Red Kool-Aid guys (I am always rooting for the HK shooters, and love watching them run the guns at speed) and noted that it was exactly as I described earlier in the thread where there was never a hot pistol holstered under any stress (and I will note many started condition 3). I just find it sort of interesting that there was a time when competition really drove what was happening on the street. Early IPSC was really like early NASCAR. Now, I think we are headed towards pure sport with it driving its own development and culture that is in no way shape or form remotely like any sort of street level gun handling or tactics. Good or bad is totally irrelevant and I am passing ZERO judgement as this is a POSITIVE for the shooting sports, modern service type of firearms and development. With that said, I also think we are missing out on some development on some of the other aspects of firearms use under stress. This is really no different than what is going on with most of the L/E and Mil world as well where we set up totally risk averse situations in "training" (that is really qualification) and then being amazed when there are problems when these individuals are asked to perform required gun handling actions under actual stress during a crisis.
    USPSA Multigun rules prohibit hot holstering.

3Gun Nation (the dominant 3-gun sanctioning body) do not.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    USPSA Multigun rules prohibit hot holstering.

3Gun Nation (the dominant 3-gun sanctioning body) do not.
    Thanks for the info. Again, its a world I like to watch, but am out of date for any serious participation. I am glad to hear that other organizations are doing hot holstering as I would be curious to see what comes out of that.

Thanks for the info. Again, its a world I like to watch, but am out of date for any serious participation. I am glad to hear that other organizations are doing hot holstering as I would be curious to see what comes out of that.
    One interesting note are the number of actual level 2 retention holsters in 3-gun, with the Safariland ALS being extremely popular. For those sports, the holster is more than just "something to hold the gun in between stages."

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    One interesting note are the number of actual level 2 retention holsters in 3-gun, with the Safariland ALS being extremely popular. For those sports, the holster is more than just "something to hold the gun in between stages."
    I have a suspicion that this may be the real reason behind the GLS. I honestly think that IPSC is what got us away from muzzle rear canted duty holsters.

I have a suspicion that this may be the real reason behind the GLS. I honestly think that IPSC is what got us away from muzzle rear canted duty holsters.
    I first saw a prototype of this holster six months ago. Right now, it isn't intended for open carry. I believe Bill's purpose is to have a very concealable, retention holster. If you tried one on, with the belt loops, it does ride very tight, and is more concealable than any ALS holster by a lot. I stuck mine on a QLS piece, because my use is different. It draws as fast as an OWB holster without retention.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Re Hack; same as Nyeti noted, it was handling/moving in my class.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List