Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New toy

New toy

This should come here from MSTN any day now. Yet another attempt on do-it-all. 16 inch stainless pipe with Noveske intermediate length gas system, which is the longest gas tube one can have on 16". There's an adjustable gas block that's supposed not to suck. The idea is to work out the variety of settings for a regular and 3G gaming ammo, maybe also consider a can. 13 inch keymod rail is light enough for games yet allows to mount anything and everything whenever I want to. Same principle for a muzzle device selection.
    We'll see what comes out of it.

Optic choice?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Is the gas block an SLR Sentry? I've mostly avoided adjustable gas blocks, but I just got an SLR because it uses a detent rather than being infinitely adjustable, which requires licktite to stay set.

Interesting. Also, "licktite" is the best Freudian slip I've heard all day...
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Nice!

Wes is good people.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Optic choice?
    No kidding! IMO picking an optic is vastly harder than setting up a rifle.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Lil, I don't know yet but I am leaning to a 1-4 or 1-6 variable. Dot optics don't like my astigmatic eyes, or the other way around. I am not that committed to drop 2.5 grand on Swaro or Kahles. I am thinking a 1-4 Nightforce with a FC3GN reticle simply because I am familiar with NF. Maybe will look at Bushnell or Vortex or SWFA, not sure.

Josh, the gas block is a Syrac Ordnance unit. It also uses a detent, no need for that other thing you mentioned

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    Interesting. Also, "licktite" is the best Freudian slip I've heard all day...
    So, what you're saying is you didn't know about the special adhesive properties of saliva?

I have a Syrac adjustable and I'm pretty happy with it. I have had to use PB Blaster on it once or twice when it didn't want to move after shooting a couple thousand rounds of 5.45 past it, but you likely won't have similar issues.

I'm running the Burris MTAC 1-4x, definitely recommended. One could buy a bunch of ammo and pay for a carbine class with the price difference between the Burris and anything from NF, I think.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Lil, I don't know yet but I am leaning to a 1-4 or 1-6 variable. Dot optics don't like my astigmatic eyes, or the other way around. I am not that committed to drop 2.5 grand on Swaro or Kahles. I am thinking a 1-4 Nightforce with a FC3GN reticle simply because I am familiar with NF. Maybe will look at Bushnell or Vortex or SWFA, not sure.
    What features do you like about the Nightforce over similarly priced 1-6 options from Vortex, Bushnell, or Leupold?

User Tag List