Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walther P99 AS problems

I called Walther this morning, and had the good luck to end up with the right guy there, who understood and has dealt with this problem before. It is clearly obvious (now) that when I press the trigger with the tiniest amount of sideward pressure, the striker isn't doing its thing properly, probably, due to some tolerance stacking per this guy. Hopefully they can fix it.
    I'd be interested in hearing what it takes to fix this.

Please report back on what parts are replaced or adjusted etc.

P99 showed up today, back from Walther. Paperwork said "adjusted trigger bar guide" and test fired by three gunsmiths at the range. (A dollar says Jody will have a three stooges joke here with 24 hours). Visual inspection shows the striker protrudes further out the rear of the slide when decocked, and side pressure on trigger has no effect on it. I need to test fire it, but I am optimistic it is fixed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Fingers crossed for your problem being all resolved.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Paperwork said "adjusted trigger bar guide" and test fired by three gunsmiths at the range.
    Excellent. That's the adjustment screw I was talking about earlier. Hopefully that's all it took.

Hallo,

can you give me your opinion to blip of my P99, 2002, 9x19 slider?

I do not know if it is normal, or not... If it is not OK, I consider buying a new frame, but I am not sure if it helps...

There was fired only about 500 rounds, but it was daily wore in shooting bag for 8 years, so it is possible that it brake when placing the bag...

Many thanks you in advance for your feedback!

Huh. Never noticed that before. But mine does the same thing. Looks to me like your gun is just fine.

Thank you very much for expressing, I did not notice it until now too, maybe it has been moving for years...

User Tag List