Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M9A1 : So Far So Good.

M9A1 : So Far So Good.

Crossed 500 rounds today with my M9A1.

Zero malfunctions.

One stoppage caused by a set of pearl gun shop aftermarket grips failing while shooting WHO, and the weapon still worked allowing me to finish my range session despite the busted left side panel.

No lube ,oil, or cleaning has happened since the initial purchase date . My carry Beretta has about 2700 downrange, but I've cleaned it after each session, so that doesn't count.

I offer this for the folks considering a Beretta, and wondering if the old rumors of "must drown gun in lube" are valid. So far, in this case, it's not for me.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

The only Beretta 92 stoppages I have experienced were caused by insufficient lube, and immediately remedied by adding lube. To understand your point, one would need to know what condition, as regards lube, the new pistol arrived in. 500 rounds is one good session for me, so I would be hesitant to assess long term reliability as regards lube, based on that round count.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The only Beretta 92 stoppages I have experienced were caused by insufficient lube, and immediately remedied by adding lube. To understand your point, one would need to know what condition, as regards lube, the new pistol arrived in. 500 rounds is one good session for me, so I would be hesitant to assess long term reliability as regards lube, based on that round count.
    I lubricated it once after unboxing before shooting it, using Hoppes #9 and the same brand of oil .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Pearl grips? On a Beretta?

For shame, sir, for shame!

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post

For shame, sir, for shame!
    The gun gods agreed with you.
    The Minority Marksman.
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The gun gods agreed with you.
    It's the same reason they smashed the faux ivory grips on my friend's BHP. They were offended!

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    "They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." George S. Patton

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekdominos View Post
    "They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." George S. Patton
    Kitten ! You beat me to it !

Pearl Grips...?

George Patton must be rolling over in his grave right about now.

User Tag List