Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DarkStar Gear low profile AIWB

JodyH can you post another photo of your PPS holster if you still have it? Also does anyone have a Darkstar gear holster for a 642/442. I ask because I am seriously contemplating a versa clip with kydex loop or a Darkstar gear aiwb holster with clip, loop or kydex loop if available. If anyone has pictures of a Darkstar gear holster for a baby-j I'd greatly appreciate it. Same goes for a PPS. I saw anther member was selling one with a pull the dot snaps for a PPS but I am still not sure on which method of security I want to go with or if the ride height will work for me. I am a small guy with a relatively short torso so I am concerned about rollout or getting poked in the unmentionables. I need to find that balance. I am open to snaps and kydex loops because I feel that they would be more secure and I definitely want the versatility that these two holsters offer being able to be worn strong or weak side. Thanks all for any help/photos you can provide.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    JAlso does anyone have a Darkstar gear holster for a 642/442.
    Yes.

I ask because I am seriously contemplating a versa clip with kydex loop or a Darkstar gear aiwb holster with clip, loop or kydex loop if available.
    Get the DarkStar holster, it's the best J-Frame holster I've used. I have his old style, with the pull-the-dot loop and a newer style with the clip.

Here is a pic, minor changes made since this pic was taken.

I generally hate posting in threads about my stuff but I have the pic.

I'll leave the rest to the folks who have some of the items in question.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I generally hate posting in threads about my stuff but I have the pic.
    Your pictures are far better than the ones commonly posted by end users. I appreciate good pictures.

orionz06, I shot you guys an e-mail this morning with some questions. My concern is with a clip and adequate retention and how/where the kydex clip mounts and the soft loops. JV,orionz06 or to who ever can answer where are the snaps located and how does it affect ride height vs the clip or kydex? I am really leaning towards the darkstar gear holsters right now. By far and large it looks to be the best holster out there for me and my purposes. It looks like a metric shit ton of thought went into design for the baby-j and it doesn't hurt that the color offerings are freaking awesome.

Site Supporter
    Attachment 2459
    Older style.

Up1911Fan I sent you a PM.

Site Supporter
    where are the snaps located and how does it affect ride height vs the clip or kydex?
    They ride the same. The bottom of the belt is almost even with the end of the cylinder.

Just talked with Orionz06. I got two AIWB rigs ordered, one for a PPS and the other for my 642. All I can say is what an awesome guy to work with. Orionz06 thanks again for taking the time to talk with me and answer all of my questions.

JV, everyone thanks for answering all the questions and posting photos. JodyH, sorry to thread hijack but I didn't want to start a new thread and this seemed to be somewhat relevant to the topic. Again, appreciate the info all.

Site Supporter
    All I can say is what an awesome guy to work with.
    That's been my experience too, he's the kind of guy I like seeing succeed.

User Tag List