Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Friends Don't Let Friends Buy the Mini-14

Why, oh why must I violate the First Rule of Youtube? I violated the Second Rule by actually telling someone that they were wrong about basic mechanics and the role of oil/lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911guy View Post
    Yeah, but you look like a tactical hobo in flip flops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    A world without violence is about as likely as a world where I get to, um, "date" at least 3 A-list actresses and/or supermodels every single day. Ain't happening.

You looked at the comments, didn't you?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  15.7 KB
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    They would keep some around for standing watch at posts when not on the front line, as even he loved them for that compared to his BAR.
    One of my father's academy classmates was a Marine at the tail end of the Korean War, and once told me that when they went on patrol, everyone but the squad leader was toting a BAR.

I had too much respect for my elders to say "Sea Story" out loud, besides, he might have been telling the truth.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

My dad was in Korea when the human wave thing was still going on, and things morphed into the WWI type trench/static stuff after a bit.

He liked having an M1 because he could reach out, and shoot through stuff. They issued black tip as standard most of the time, and it certainly could get through cover. That being said, when things got zombie attack-ish he greatly preferred a carbine at less than 100 yards.

Why Friends Don't Let Friends Buy the Mini-14

I have an older GB model and an AC556 with the short barrel. They're fun guns to go play at the range with, but I wouldn't use them for anything other than that.

Factory magazines are a must. I have close to 30 of them.

I only shoot .223 ammo out of the minis.

The Ciener .22 conversion kit in the AC556 is amazing. Back when .22 ammo was cheap, it was fun to watch how fast it went through 30 rounds. Much faster than my m16 with a .22 conversion kit.

I like them for what they are, but my AR type rifles are what I prefer over all others.

JR1572

User Tag List