Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Failure - Striker Breakage

None of my local armorers have one in stock either.

Out of sheer luck I'm going to visit a friend a couple hours away today and the armorer near him has some in stock.

It's tapatalk's fault.

Presuming that the rep meant that the armorers at S&W had strikers, and that that still qualified as being "out of stock"... (y/n? If I misunderstood, my bad...)

...I just meant that I'd have lost my mind immediately if some mental midget tried to tell me that they had the part, but that it was destined to reside in an armorer's bin just BEING a striker, instead of going into the gun of a customer who had an identifiable need for a striker, right freakin now.

Site Supporter
    I had a broken HK P30 and the part was only available if I shipped in my gun. They have parts for their guys to work on guns and another stash that's offered for sale. If you want a part that's only in stock at their armorers bench, you have to send it in. I think that policy sucks and I don't miss my HK guns.

My experience was 180 degrees away from yours with H&K.
    The armorer actually sent me parts from his workbench stash free of charge (FedEx even) despite that part being officially "out of stock".
    And this wasn't even a warranty/broken part, just a preventative maintenance part.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

....because it's no longer as-little-as-4yrs-ago HK. When I initially read the OP, I thought somebody'd taken a page from their book, or from some of Glock's "try this, first, before acquiescing..." 2010 personnel training manual

HKUSA was starting to make up for Euro-HK's consistent refusal to supply adequate spare parts to the general populace....because they had almost no choice, if they wanted the business...around the time the Corps adopted the M27.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    They will send a replacement striker, I've gotten quite a few actually.
    So, this is common with the M&P?

Amazing.

Site Supporter
    It's common for the black ones to break with dryfire.

IIRC they are on about rev 5 for the striker design. The latest one requires a new plastic spring retainer (I can't recall the correct part name), as the old one is not compatible with the new striker. Best thing is to track down a couple complete assemblies and keep a spare. That said, the latest ones supposedly have an extremely long life expectancy.

Haven't broken one since they went silver in 2010. They are still a wear and tear item.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I think I managed to break three of those black strikers with all my dryfire (all three were from the 2008-2009 period). No issues with my silver strikers (knock on wood).

User Tag List