Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivan, did you see the sunrise?

Ivan, did you see the sunrise?

I'm not saying that the Guns of the Magnum PI is the best article I've ever published, but it's pretty damn close.

http://t.co/p52yiZ8jAK

Just the opening line of "there were two kinds of boys growing up in the 80s, those who wanted to be Magnum, PI and liars."

We just started watching this on Netflix. Enjoying the mustache and the cars. It's taking a bit longer to get into the 80's style of storytelling, but we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ford.304 View Post
    We just started watching this on Netflix. Enjoying the mustache and the cars. It's taking a bit longer to get into the 80's style of storytelling, but we'll see how it goes.
    I love that Netflix allows me to stream Miami Vice, Hawaii 5-O, Magnum PI, and Airwolf whenever I want. I will say that some of those shows held up a lot better than others (coughAirwolfcough)

I am in the middle of Season 4 of Magnum PI and have no time for your "Air Wolfs."

"Your hands than mine are quicker for a fray.
    My legs are longer though, to run away."
    --Helena of Athens

I talked my Mom into buying me a red Hawaiian shirt at a garage sale when I was like 7. I'm a fan.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

That "did you see the sunrise?" was IMO the best episode of the entire series.

Did you see Regis this morning?

Site Supporter
    I like watching those old shows. I spent a lot of time away from home training in the 80s with 7th ID, my wife was tasked with VCR'ing Miami Vice.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Did you see Regis this morning?
    That's the line I used on twitter for this same article.

Great write-up, Caleb. Captures the guns, the car and the "class of 198x" vibe perfectly.

User Tag List