Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Model 13

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    a 3" GP 100 built like an LCR to me would be pretty neat

Not exactly. I'd really dig a 6 shot 3" LCR, that would be totally bad kitten.
    We are on the same page. 3" 6 shot with modern materials and manufacturing so we can have totally soulless revolvers. They would make great carry guns for many people.

With that said....I dug my 3.5" Model 27 out of the safe to include it in an article I am doing on N frame revolvers. I am talking to a maker about custom leather and another grip decision (Cocobolo, Ivory or Stag). It is remarkable to me how wondrous these things were and what has happened within my lifetime to the art of making guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    We are on the same page. 3" 6 shot with modern materials and manufacturing so we can have totally soulless revolvers. They would make great carry guns for many people.

With that said....I dug my 3.5" Model 27 out of the safe to include it in an article I am doing on N frame revolvers. I am talking to a maker about custom leather and another grip decision (Cocobolo, Ivory or Stag). It is remarkable to me how wondrous these things were and what has happened within my lifetime to the art of making guns.
    Nyeti -- I realize you have already selected a vendor but if you want another source for great leather to consider, I highly recommend Adams Holsters. Luke has made four holsters for me and they are superb. He also has some nice exotic leathers to choose from.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This is a gun I would definitely be interested in.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    It is remarkable to me how wondrous these things were and what has happened within my lifetime to the art of making guns.
    Gaulish nobles with beautifully handmade swords, their figured bronze hilts set with jewels, were subjugated by guys using cheap mass-produced gladii turned out by fabricae in their tens of thousands. All the loving polish on a hammer head don't help it drive nails.

(...and it pains me as much to say that as anybody. I remember walking into the living room early one morning at my old place, up in the pre-dawn light to go staff the tables at a gun show. There on the coffee table in the dim grey half-light was my S-prefix Model 27-2, lying between a couple of Bangor Punta-era N-frame guns. For a second, I wondered where I'd gotten two parkerized N's until I realized that they just looked that dull by comparison in the gloaming.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    in the gloaming.)
    You know that is probably maybe only the 5th or 6th time in my life I read that word in print. Recognizing that I know the definition of a word before I recognize the word itself is not a common experience for me. Kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Gaulish nobles with beautifully handmade swords, their figured bronze hilts set with jewels, were subjugated by guys using cheap mass-produced gladii turned out by fabricae in their tens of thousands. All the loving polish on a hammer head don't help it drive nails.

(...and it pains me as much to say that as anybody. I remember walking into the living room early one morning at my old place, up in the pre-dawn light to go staff the tables at a gun show. There on the coffee table in the dim grey half-light was my S-prefix Model 27-2, lying between a couple of Bangor Punta-era N-frame guns. For a second, I wondered where I'd gotten two parkerized N's until I realized that they just looked that dull by comparison in the gloaming.)
    I am working on an N frame article right now. It has been such a joy sitting at my desk with a Smith 520, my old duty 25-5 Hebrew Hammer, a Lew Horton 3" 629 and a 3.5" 27-2 in front of me. I have decided that being everyone thinks I am an outdated curmudgeon anyways, I should just start carrying the 27-2 in a Hank Sloan rig with some honey ivory grips and simply live it. If I ever have to shoot some evil doer again, it will be done with class.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You know that is probably maybe only the 5th or 6th time in my life I read that word in print. Recognizing that I know the definition of a word before I recognize the word itself is not a common experience for me. Kudos.
    I knew what it meant, but could not for the life of me tell you when I last saw it in print.

Tamara your vocabulary/posts are a delight. Don't get a swelled head now.........

To actually comment on the thread, when I think of shooting a handgun for just the pleasure of it. A K-frame Smith is right at the top of the list.

Went to the shop last weekend to pick up some other toys and it was long gone. C'est la vie.

Carry on though, I sense a wheel gun in my future.

So Tam, is there something even more special on the "S" prefix guns over the "N" Prefix on the already pure awesome 27's?

User Tag List