Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixin' FN Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Not being familar with the innards of an FNS it seems a little like an odd place to provide fitting that would improve the trigger pull. Any chance you'll expound on how fitting in that dimension impacts the pull?

There's clearly a spin on the "If you give cat a cupcake..." book in here somewhere.

If you give a tactical hobo an FNS9L, he'll want some ammo to go with it.
    When he tries to shoot it, the mag will fall out and he'll want a custom mag catch.
    Once FN sends the magical mystery mag catch, he'll shoot it a bunch more.
    When he shoots a bunch of the ammo, he'll realize the gun is slippery and want to texture it.
    When he stipples the grip, it will remind him of sand, so he'll want to do a torture test.
    After he buries the gun in sand, he'll get it out, and the trigger will be gritty, so he'll take the gun apart.
    When the gun is apart, he'll want to have the slide refinished, so he'll send it off to Blackfire.
    While the slide is at Blackfire, he'll mess with the trigger, and need the striker laser welded.
    Once he gets the parts back, he'll put the gun back together and shoot it.
    When he shoots it, he'll like and it want a spare, and he'll want another FNS9L.
    The striker was rotating to an alarming (to me, anyway) degree. The rest is easily predicted

This is the LAST FN I work on for homeless tactical hobos. Ever.

There is much to like about this gun. There is also lots and lots and lots of room for improvement.

Very cool.

Site Supporter
    Bill, how is the filler metal added?
    Last edited by EricP; 04-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I have no idea what a laser welder is, but I suddenly want one.
    http://futurama.wikia.com/wiki/NRA
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Riehl View Post
    The striker was rotating to an alarming (to me, anyway) degree. The rest is easily predicted

This is the LAST FN I work on for homeless tactical hobos. Ever.

There is much to like about this gun. There is also lots and lots and lots of room for improvement.
    Poor guy can't seem to catch a break.

I love that the magwell seems like a 5 gallon bucket.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Not being familar with the innards of an FNS it seems a little like an odd place to provide fitting that would improve the trigger pull. Any chance you'll expound on how fitting in that dimension impacts the pull?

There's clearly a spin on the "If you give cat a cupcake..." book in here somewhere.

When he tries to shoot it, the mag will fall out and he'll want a custom mag catch.
    When he shoots a bunch of the ammo, he'll realize the gun is slippery and want to texture it.
    When he stipples the grip, it will remind him of sand, so he'll want to do a torture test.
    After he buries the gun in sand, he'll get it out, and the trigger will be gritty, so he'll take the gun apart.
    When the gun is apart, he'll want to have the slide refinished, so he'll send it off to Blackfire.
    While the slide is at Blackfire, he'll mess with the trigger, and need the striker laser welded.
    When he shoots it, he'll like and it want a spare, and he'll want another FNS9L.
    That's hysterical!!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Well played, sir. Nicely done.

Bill: your shop toys are drool-worthy, as usual. That is the tightest weld I've ever seen. If you ever did decide to take on an apprentice, I would seriously consider leaving the tech biz to slave in the argon mines.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    Well played, sir. Nicely done.

Bill: your shop toys are drool-worthy, as usual. That is the tightest weld I've ever seen. If you ever did decide to take on an apprentice, I would seriously consider leaving the tech biz to slave in the argon mines.
    I wish I could claim some sort of talent in welding like that, but like everything else in life, get the numbers right and the product usually comes out great. And that's all I did.

Interested in seeing this experiment turn out.

User Tag List