Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FNS9 issue

FNS9 issue

A shooting buddy of mine with above average hand size has been having trouble with ejecting his mag while shooting his FNS9, anyone else seen this problem?

Mag release tension seems good (much more than a M&P) and seems to have good mag catch to magazine contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Wilson View Post
    A shooting buddy of mine with above average hand size has been having trouble with ejecting his mag while shooting his FNS9, anyone else seen this problem?

Mag release tension seems good (much more than a M&P) and seems to have good mag catch to magazine contact.
    I do too. The 2nd knuckle of my strong hand can sometimes prevent the mag release from depressing far enough to release the mag. The no-work fix is to flip the gun slightly in my grip during the reload. The "work" fix is to dremel down the side of the mag release that contacts my strong hand.

Ive never had a problem with mine, but I could definitely see different hand sizes causing issues.

JJ of Ballistic Radio (who's on this forum) is testing an FNS9L and had this exact problem. FN sent him a prototype low profile mag realease that seems to have solved it. Hopefully, he can chime in here soon.

Here's a direct link to the pic of it: https://www.facebook.com/BallisticRa...type=1&theater

And his latest write up that includes the issue: http://ballisticradio.com/2014/03/25...lide-update-1/

Hope that helps in some way...
    "I don't want to be lorded over by a Bible thumping theocrat any more than a frappa-lappa-mocha chino sipping hoplophobic statist."-FredM

I have large hands and I do notice it takes considerably more effort to drop the magazine while maintaining a strong grip on the pistol. The middle finger on my shooting hand makes contact with the magazine release and I find myself applying pressure in both directions. I've learned to shift the position of my finger slightly during a reload.

Have large hands between that problem and the trigger feeling like a Sigma I sold mine...
    I liked the pistol at first but after some time I lost interest in it ...

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Have large hands between that problem and the trigger feeling like a Sigma I sold mine...
    I liked the pistol at first but after some time I lost interest in it ...
    Sigma really? I prefer mine over my glock and well above my m&p. Which had the updated trigger. The more rounds in it the smoother it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    The more rounds in it the smoother it gets.
    Agreed. Mine came out of the box with a 7.5 pound trigger. After 2500 rounds it seems to have settled in at an even 6 pounds.

I have large hands and have ejected the magazine accidentally several times on an fns40. It is especially an issue for me when firing one handed... As I tend to squeeze very tightly on the handgun.

Same thing for my buddy, who owns the fn in question.

He has also dropped the magazine out of the gun while carrying in a diesel shop after laying on the shop floor. He very nearly got fired...

I have heard of the issue as well. Seems to be that the middle finger can put pressure on the mag catch on the other side of the gun, making it hard to press, and or dropping the magazine when it should not. I guess that is one of the issues of a fully ambi magazine release?

I was also told that FN was making a low profile button. There have also been rumors of issue with some people when carrying the gun. Button getting pushed and mag falling out when still holstered. I have not talked to anyone that this has happened to, but talked to someone at FN that had heard of the issue. So they are addressing it with the smaller mag catch for those that need it.

Not sure it is a full production part yet?
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List