Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Biomechanics of grip...Haley/Pincus...

Biomechanics of grip...Haley/Pincus...

Just saw this and thought I'd share:

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Overall sounds good. I use the vice reference to explain squeezing the pistol between the hands more than crushing the gun in a game of mercy. Personally I'd be leery of the water squirter reference to avoid misleading some poor SOB to think he's supposed to pump the gun with each shot.

Only other thing is his reference to being smarter than the old school guys. I'd have maybe referenced advancing past the techniques they taught then by evolving beyond their early methods or standing on the shoulders of giants as a little more complimentary to the "old guys" but that's just diplomacy speaking. I got what he meant.

NLT Affiliate Instructor for NRA Basic Pistol: Grip Bonus Material

Published to YouTube on Mar 4, 2014 by NLTShooting

This video is part of a NextLevel Training (NLT) affiliate instructor modules as presented in the online course at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LAqJ....
    This NLT Affiliate Instructor course is for instructors for best practices when using a SIRT Training Pistol for the NRA Basic Pistol course. Look for additional NLT Affiliate Instructor Courses in the future.
    This module is bonus material related to some specific ideas on teaching grip based on ideas from many instructors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Overall sounds good. I use the vice reference to explain squeezing the pistol between the hands more than crushing the gun in a game of mercy. Personally I'd be leery of the water squirter reference to avoid misleading some poor SOB to think he's supposed to pump the gun with each shot.

Only other thing is his reference to being smarter than the old school guys. I'd have maybe referenced advancing past the techniques they taught then by evolving beyond their early methods or standing on the shoulders of giants as a little more complimentary to the "old guys" but that's just diplomacy speaking. I got what he meant.
    That video does a good job of taking 5 minutes to explain a 1 minute topic. "Squeeze the gun with pectoral tension, not your hands. Unless you're a mutant like Bob Vogel and close a #3 CoC."

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    That video does a good job of taking 5 minutes to explain a 1 minute topic.
    One of the BTDT Alias instructors said basically the same thing to me. Haley likes to use big words and makes things sound more complicated instead of speaking plainly.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    One of the BTDT Alias instructors said basically the same thing to me. Haley likes to use big words and makes things sound more complicated instead of speaking plainly.
    mix that with Pincus and Im amazed this video didnt go on for an hour.
    The amount of BS speak makes my head ache. Couldnt make it half way through.
    I gotta go dry fire to get it off me.
    Pittsburgh, PA host for www.aliastraining.com , and www.shivworks.com

www.anti-fragile.net

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Haley likes to use big words and makes things sound more complicated instead of speaking plainly.
    The more I see his videos and hear his explanations, I've come to the same conclusion.

Can you imagine Haley and Nutnfancy in a video together? It would go on forever without anything of relevance being said.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Can you imagine Haley and Nutnfancy in a video together? It would go on forever without anything of relevance being said.
    I'm not touching Nutnfancy but I haven't seen anything Haley has said that is wrong. I've never met the guy but it seems like he's trying to get the idea across of a given technique and uses multiple explanations to try and reach folks who may grasp one explanation better than another.

Yeah that means some of the stuff goes on a bit but comparing (what seems like) a knowledgeable , experienced instructor to Nutnfancy is just plain mean.

I thought it was a pretty good video, and after watching it again to make sure the lessons were correct and applicable, I sent it to the guy I was coaching this afternoon.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

User Tag List