Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New 3Gun Rifle and Scope...Can't wait to get it sighted-in

My New 3Gun Rifle and Scope...Can't wait to get it sighted-in

Stag Arms 3G: 18" barrel, Chip McCormick Trigger, rifle length gas system, Extended Tactical Charging Handle. (Pictured below with different scope)
    Burris 1-5x24mm, Rear Focal Plane Scope..brand new...first production run...arrives April.
    Adding 45 degree offset sights, and Troy Ambidextrous Bolt Release.

Last edited by cclaxton; 03-28-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Nice! I have the CMC flat trigger, and love it. Good looking rifle.

Site Supporter
    Cody-

Any updates on this rifle or the new Burris scope ?

I recently had a chance to put a few rounds through a Stag 3G and was impressed. I really liked the factory supplied Geissle trigger (Super 3 Gun ?) - it seemed to have a rolling break which reminded me of a good pistol trigger. What prompted you to go with the CMC over the stock Geissle ?

Looks nice!

I am still waiting on the new Burris. Optics Planet really played me on it.

The great thing about this gun? The CMC Trigger, the lower recoil, the long handguard.

The downside is it is heavier than I expected.

I am shooting the Tidewater 3Gun May 18. I sure hope I can get the Burris in-time to sight it in. Otherwise will be using a 1-4x24 Bushnell.
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Dang optics planet is tricky on shipping. Looks like a fun rifle for 3 gun!

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I am still waiting on the new Burris. Optics Planet really played me on it.

The great thing about this gun? The CMC Trigger, the lower recoil, the long handguard.

The downside is it is heavier than I expected.

I am shooting the Tidewater 3Gun May 18. I sure hope I can get the Burris in-time to sight it in. Otherwise will be using a 1-4x24 Bushnell.
    Cody
    Well, how did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    Well, how did it go?
    STILL backordered...just checked with them and they are telling me Burris has not met any of their delivery dates so far.
    I am considering just opting for the XTR 1-4x24 and saving some money. The other thing is the Bushnell non-illuminated .223 1-4x24 worked perfectly for me at the Tidewater 3gun. When my sight was on target, and I didn't move the gun, I hit what I aimed for.
    SIgh....maybe I will just wait and see what happens.
    Cody

My New 3Gun Rifle and Scope...Can't wait to get it sighted-in

I'm very happy with my Burris MTAC 1-4X on my main AR15, fwiw, and last time I checked those are readily available. Keep meaning to swap it over to the Aero Precision ultralight mount and re-zero but haven't done anything lately that involves carrying it further than a few hundred feet at a time.

Similar setup to what you mentioned above, with 45-degree offset irons:

Last edited by TheTrevor; 05-28-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    Looking for a gun blog with AARs, gear reviews, and the occasional random tangent written by a hardcore geek? trevoronthetrigger.wordpress.com/
    Latest post: The Rogers Shooting School Experience (15 Jul 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    I'm very happy with my Burris MTAC 1-4X on my main AR15, fwiw, and last time I checked those are readily available. Keep meaning to swap it over to the Aero Precision ultralight mount and re-zero but haven't done anything lately that involves carrying it further than a few hundred feet at a time.
    Similar setup to what you mentioned above, with 45-degree offset irons:
    Getting a rifle sighted-in where you know you can trust it....makes it much harder to decide to put on a new optic and re-zero. I would love to put a Vortex Razor HD JM-1 on it but can't part with the $1250. I would rather buy a new pistol.

Have you tried to fold-down offsets? Will they keep their zero?

Here is a video of the 3Gun I shot at Academi (Blackwater) which is operated by Tidewater 3Gun:
    The far targets were 250-325 yards. https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...46928782435890

This 3gun was the most fun I have ever had shooting. Ignore my slow shotgun reloading and slow pistolwork. I was shooting a Mossberg 930 JMpro with fiber optic front sight, Glock 34 (Just been shooting in competition for a short time), and Stage 3G with Bushnell 1-4x24 223 reticle.)
    They really put on a great match at Tidewater. They have flashers on the targets when you hit them and that helps.
    Cody

User Tag List