Thread: Black leaf NY1 trigger spring?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Black leaf NY1 trigger spring?

Hi all - so I (finally) cleaned my glock 17 the other day and realized that the NY1 spring that I have in the pistol (run in conjunction with a LWD "-" connector) is different from the ones in my other pistols. It is an olive green, not black, and uses a thin leaf spring instead of a coil spring to produce upwards tension on the trigger bar. I *really* like it. In conjunction with the rest of the parts in the gun, it produces much lighter and smoother than the triggers on my guns with the olive NY1 springs that I see online.

Does anyone know why they were discontinued, or ideally where I can get more? I could see that the leaf spring might bend and break over time (maybe?), but if there isnt a substantial reason for having moved onto the current model I would be a bit confused. I would be very interested in getting a hold of more of these black NY1 springs but I can't seem to find any...

The current Glock NY springs use a coil spring:

The 8# NY 1 spring is green with part #07405.
    The 12# NY 2 spring is orange with part # 07412.

I only have experience with the coil NY#1 spring from my Glock days. The advantage I've seen with the coil spring is the gun will still function if the plastic breaks. You can tell a difference in the trigger pull but mine still functioned normally. TBH I think breaking one if these is pretty rare.

You have the older original version of that spring. The newer NY springs have the plastic and coil spring combo. I have never heard of one of those breaking.

User Tag List