Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Guns Photo Gallery

Modified Remington 1187. It started off as a 26 inch barrel field gun that sat forgotten in the back of the safe, transformed into something entirely different that sits in front of the safe. It runs the loads pictured perfectly.

^^I absolutely LOVE that shotgun! I first saw pics of it a year or so ago on a different forum (M4C maybe?) and fell it love. I did something similar with my Benelli M1, but found the X300 in that position to be detrimental to my thumb, so I switched to a Surefire forend. Overall still a fantastic and fun to shoot gun! (Pics show the G2X/Gear Sector that came before the X300 that came before the Surefire forend).

Untitled by ASH556, on Flickr
    Untitled by ASH556, on Flickr

@ ASH556 yes it was on M4C a year or so ago IIRC.

@ NH Shooter Bravo Zulu is all I can say. It seems I have an 1187 that could use the same treatment if I don't buy a Berreta 1301T first.

Thanks for the kudos, and I like the clean, functional utility of the Benelli!

I purchased the 1187 new about 15 years ago, used it to bust clays with friends for a few years and then it sat unused. It was a fun project and with the barrel cut to 18-3/4" and an inch taken off the stock, it handles altogether differently. Here is the complete list of mods;

- 26" pressure-compensated barrel shortened to 18-3/4 inches and re-installed the RemChokes
    - HiViz CompSight PM1002 - Competition Shotgun Sight (same as used on the 1100 Tac4)
    - Cut the stock down to 13” LOP and re-installed the original Remington butt pad
    - Choate 2-shot magazine extension
    - Wolff magazine spring
    - Delrin follower
    - Dave’s Metal Works Easyloader
    - Dave's Metal Works bolt knob
    - Vang Comp dome button safety
    - CDM Gear BMT mount with rail (for X300) and QR sling swivel
    - G,G&G rear sing attachment

It cycles the reduced recoil Fed loads perfectly and hits within an inch or two of POA at 50 yards with slugs. The support thumb operation of the X300 works OK for me, and at night the X300 illuminates the FO front sight as well, making it very easy to pick up.

I also have an 1187P that I purchased recently, in this photo you can see the shortened stock of the "1187 HD Premier";

My .308 Build

I always wanted a Remington 700P and a few years ago, decided to get going with a new project to fulfill that mission.

I started with a new 700 TAC SPS (Shitty Plastic Stock) as the base. Before firing a shot, the stock with replaced with a B&C 2958 and the awful stock trigger was replaced with a Timney 510. I mounted a SWFA SS HD 10X42 in Seekins low rings, attached to a Leupold 15 MOA steel based bedded to the receiver. Using Federal Gold Metal Match factory 168 loads, the rifle shot consistently .7 MOA or better, with sub .5 MOA groups becoming more of the norm the more I shot it. Here was my best group of 5 shots @ 100 yards on bags;

Over this past winter, I made some tweaks to the set up;

1. Installed a Tac-Pro cheek riser to get perfect eye-to-scope alignment
    2. Did a rattle can paint job on the formerly all-black stock
    3. Properly adjusted the ocular to render the reticle razor sharp (duh!)
    4. Dropped the trigger pull weight to 2.1 pounds
    5. Replaced the flimsy stock cast bottom metal with a steel unit, and bedded it to the stock
    6. Added a sunshade
    7. Added zero stops
    8. Purchased a Mountain Shooter Sling (use it on my Savage MKll .22 as well)

I haven't shot it with the tweaks yet, but will be soon. I also need to get back into reloading. ;-)

Current photos;

Long Guns Photo Gallery

Remington 870 Express Tactical w/ an 18" Cylinder bore, rifle sighted Police barrel. Upgraded extractor, Scattergun Technologies +1 mag extension, TacStar side saddle (hopefully soon to be replaced by a Mesa unit), Vang Comp safety, Hogue short stock, BFG victory series sling, and a DIY IWC QD sling attachment. Right now, this is my favorite gun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack on my wall above my desk. First light of day coming through the window,

A different place I lived at 20 years ago,

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post

Remington 870 Express Tactical w/ an 18" Cylinder bore, rifle sighted Police barrel. Upgraded extractor, Scattergun Technologies +1 mag extension, TacStar side saddle (hopefully soon to be replaced by a Mesa unit), Vang Comp safety, Hogue short stock, BFG victory series sling, and a DIY IWC QD sling attachment. Right now, this is my favorite gun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice! I was beginning to think I was the only person left that still runs a pump action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Very nice! I was beginning to think I was the only person left that still runs a pump action.
    Not the case here in Tejas Jay.

My older Vang 870 is an arms length away from the bed & a newer VCS 870 is my training SGN.

User Tag List