Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Building First AR-15 Tool Advice

Just saw the Wheeler "Delta AR Combo Tool" on PSA's big Easter sale and bought one:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ol-156999.html

Also bought a LPK with the MOE K2, and two mil-spec MPI/HPT BCGs for $89 each. Doesn't look like they have those up anymore, just some $79 ones that aren't described as MPI/HPT.

This is in addition to the 2 PSA stripped lowers I bought 2 weeks ago for $49. Thanks, PSA. In any case, check out the sale, lots of cool stuff. Almost bought a 12ga Stevens 320 shotgun for $149 till I read some reviews about them
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Just saw the Wheeler "Delta AR Combo Tool" on PSA's big Easter sale and bought one:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ol-156999.html

Also bought a LPK with the MOE K2, and two mil-spec MPI/HPT BCGs for $89 each. Doesn't look like they have those up anymore, just some $79 ones that aren't described as MPI/HPT.

This is in addition to the 2 PSA stripped lowers I bought 2 weeks ago for $49. Thanks, PSA. In any case, check out the sale, lots of cool stuff. Almost bought a 12ga Stevens 320 shotgun for $149 till I read some reviews about them
    Not to rain on your new gear parade, but you cannot produce a Mil-spec, HPT and MPI BCG for that price and in truth, it would be hard to do it for double that price. Sounds like you bought a batch processed component set, but definitely not one where ALL the BCGs and bolts were HPT'd and MPI'd.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 04-14-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Not to rain on your new gear parade, but you cannot produce a Mil-spec, HPT and MPI BCG for that price and in truth, it would be hard to do it for double that price. Sounds like you bought a batch processed component set, but definitely not one where ALL the BCGs and bolts were HPT'd and MPI'd.
    You're not raining on my parade.....even if it was only batch tested, I'd be happy at $89 for a complete BCG.

However, the key words: Easter Sale. It's on sale for $89, that's not its regular price.

If you click the link, you'd see it's regularly priced at $149, which is where most quality BCGs fall....respectfully, I don't agree with your statement that it'd be tough to sell a fully tested BCG at $178, when top tier manufacturers routinely sell BCGs at or below that price when the market isn't going crazy. I think BCMs were listed below $178 before the Newtown shooting, and right now BCM BCGs are going for $179. G&R Tactical's current price (albeit out of stock) on LMT MPI/HPT BCGs is $130.

Inquiries to PSA have been posted on the web, with PSA responding that the bolts are MPI/HPT, and that the "PTAC" line which does not have a claim to being MPI/HPT does not have a tested bolt. The picture also shows an MPI/HPT marked bolt. So, if I get them and they're not marked, I'll give them a call and see what they say. But at this point, every indication is an individually tested bolt....that's on sale.
    Last edited by TGS; 04-14-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Now on my second build....

Anyone have a good source on a gas block jig for machining dimples for set screws?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Now on my second build....

Anyone have a good source on a gas block jig for machining dimples for set screws?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Bravo Company sells the jigs from BRDE (Black Rifle Disease Engineering). I buy a lot of gear from BCM with no issues.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BRDE-...p/brdejig1.htm

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BRDE-...p/brdejig2.htm

If you do this, make sure you use a drill press with carbide bits on low speed with cutting oil. I have seen what Bill-Ray can do to a Shrubmaster barrel with a hand-held Ryobi drill. Funny, but not useful.

User Tag List