Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why you need two guns or why cleaning is bad for your guns...

They are now in Branchburg and Rahway NJ as well as Easton. They've always been good, this is my first "issue".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Back on topic somewhat.

Having back up equipment is a great idea.

This week at the Steel Nationals I broke the slide stop on my M&P and lost one of the pegs on my ELS belt.

Thankfully neither required me to pull out back up gear, but having it makes things a lot easier.

I have similar problem with my P30 and the trijicon HD sight.

I have once before installed the sight my self using MGW sight tools and ruin my sight.

I have learned that the problem comes from the HD sight being quite tall. When you try to push it with sight pusher, some people will make the mistake of lowering the sight pusher too much. This will make the sight pusher push the sights in from the tip only and twist the front sight on the way in. This will end up removing too much material from the sight and ended up making it loose.

Using the red loctite helps, but being my defendsive gun I ended up buying another and reinstall it more carefully the next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The guys at SARCO were openly hostile to me when they found out I was from NJ. They gave me a stern look and actually stated a short line like, "We refuse to do business with anyone from NJ," and kept repeating it verbatim when I inquired why until I eventually just walked out.

So, now I refuse to do business with them, and try to advise everyone I meet about their business ethics.
    Google their court case. They can keep their biz in PA and i'll keep my NJ money in my pocket.

BaiHu: keep us posted. one of these days I need to upgrade my sights.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I use Loctite 620 for front sights, rather than 271, because I've had the 271 fail on high round count summer days.
    I second this. It is more temperature resistant and is designed to seal greater gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Back on topic somewhat.

Having back up equipment is a great idea.

This week at the Steel Nationals I broke the slide stop on my M&P and lost one of the pegs on my ELS belt.

Thankfully neither required me to pull out back up gear, but having it makes things a lot easier.
    Drifting a little bit: this is perzactly why I prefer the CR Speed belt to the ELS. Well, that and the CR Speed is easier to fit right. My "perfect" fit for the ELS is somewhere between two of the notches.

Front sight is at trijicon as we speak. No word yet. As for the sights, I like them a lot. It's the V3 DA/SA trigger to LEM learning curve that has been a tough road to hoe, but I'm almost back to my previous accuracy across all distances.

ETA: hufnagel: PM me if you want to try them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Drifting a little bit: this is perzactly why I prefer the CR Speed belt to the ELS. Well, that and the CR Speed is easier to fit right. My "perfect" fit for the ELS is somewhere between two of the notches.
    Well I am thinking if I lose enough weight to have to purchase a new belt, it will likely be CR Speed or DAA. But I like the ELS plates so I will likely attach them to that new belt.

Though with my weight being a little fluid (thankfully mostly going down), it is easier to adjust the plates with the ELS holes.

If I shot Tres-Gun, I'd probably like the ELS system a lot more. Although Blade-Tech now has their TMMS system, which I actually like better than the ELS plates.

User Tag List