Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scope Mount Recommendation for Colt 6920 and Leupold 1.5-5

While, Bobro is nice, it has rather large levers and tends to be pricier. It's also built like a huge tank (aka over sized) (at least in 34mm). I made the decision to stick with ADM and so far it has been working fine.

I've been running a Meopta Meostar illuminated 1x4 K-dot on my 3-gun AR for a couple of years now. Awesome glass in the $1K range with LaRue SPR-E mount.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Aero is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    Trying to decide on a scope option for a 6920 and am not sure what mount is best. Anyone have some recommendations?

I'm also not sure which Leupold scope in the 1.5-5x range (+ or -). I've seen various models, so if anyone has advise on that, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Rack,

I ran a Leupold VX 3 illuminated in a Larue SPR-E mount for years in the middle east, on my issued M4A1. It took a LOT of fairly rough use. It is an excellent all around optic.

Few things:

I deliberately chose the VX3 model over the MKIV. This was due to the MKIVs exposed turrets. The odds are you are not going to be dialing for shots versus holdover, and due to weapons constantly getting banged around and having gear piled on them, it proved to be a smart choice. Never once did the optic need a change of zero due to getting accidentally twisted, or getting banged up.

The 1.5-5 works very well. I kept mine on 1x and shot with both eyes open, similar to a red dot. Then when I needed to dial up for longer ranges or to see what someone was holding in their hands, or other things, I simply dialed up.

It was a much more flexible optic than a RDO or a fixed power ACOG. I was given a choice of an EOTECH or an ACOG for issue and instead ran the Leupold. It ended up being an excellent optic. When I would come home I would mount it on my personal Colt for coyote hunting/home defense/ recreational stuff.

The 1.5-5 illuminated model with a Larue is a very solid choice and my 4 year long desert test beared out that it will stand up to hard use.

home now. Couple pics:

User Tag List