Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock "Dot" Connector

Here are the connectors: From left, Minus, Glock 19 Gen4 original, ATF Connector

Site Supporter
    Please specifically identify the "locking bar spring" you referred to. That is not Glock nomenclature. Do you mean the slide lock spring (AKA the "take down lever spring") or is it another part?

Banned
    Where are you guys finding these? I'd like to try one...

They aren't available in the retail chain. I'm working to get some more details on the part this week.

I wonder if this is similar to the ghost 4.5 connector????

http://www.ghostinc.com/c=5RTPPT99Q7...ry/45lbranger/

Just got the skinny from Glock. It's posted over on GearScout, but the Cliff Notes:
    • The new part is called the Connector 5 and was designed to lighten the trigger pull on Gen4 pistols purchased by the ATF
    • It's stock on all new Gen4s that shipped as of roughly mid-May 2011
    • It's only available via Glock rep, certified Glock armorer, GSSF walk up, or warranty repairs at the moment

I guess I need to check my parts box. I just pulled the connector out of the gen4 21. Didn't even look at it when I put the minus connecter.

I haven't gotten to the range with the new connector, yet. But, dry fire feels great. Side by side with my gen3, the triggers feel almost identical. The 2nd stage wall is much lighter and reset is unchanged from stock.

I had been running the minus connector but it always felt a little mushy. This really dials the trigger in and I haven't even messed with polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GearScout View Post
    I haven't gotten to the range with the new connector, yet. But, dry fire feels great. Side by side with my gen3, the triggers feel almost identical. The 2nd stage wall is much lighter and reset is unchanged from stock.

I had been running the minus connector but it always felt a little mushy. This really dials the trigger in and I haven't even messed with polishing.
    I'll try to get one or more of our Gen 4's changed out at the nearby GSSF next month. Sounds worth a look see.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Just checked my gen4 G21 that I picked up at the beginning of the month and sure enough it has a dot on the connector. I can only imagine how the triggers on the first batch of gen 4's must have felt with a standard connector. My new 21's pull was off the charts out of the box, even with this connector. Guess that explains why the display unit I handled before picking up mine had a trigger made for a gorilla, must have had a standard connector in there. Good news to me was that after swapping out the striker spring the pull weight dropped to 5.5# and feels really good. Of the various connector and spring combos I've tried the everything stock but the striker spring feels the best. Just need to verify reliability with th reduced power striker spring and I'll be good to go.

User Tag List