Thread: Trigger distances

Trigger distances

I have a CZ P-01 and compared it with another factory P-01 at my first IDPA match the other day and mine had noticeably more pre-travel (take-up). The other owner suggested that there is something wrong with my trigger but wanted to run it by some more knowledgeable folks first.

In DA mode: 1/16" take-up before the sear is engaged with over an inch of travel needed to break the shot after that.

In de-cocked mode: 3/8" of an inch of movement before the sear is engaged with another 3/8" to break the shot.

In SA mode: 3/16" of take-up before the sear is engaged with 4/32" after that to break.

Are these excessive distances for either the take-up or the sear movement? What should the distances be? What, if anything can I do to improve this?

If there is any other information (photos, video, etc) that I can provide to help you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Edwin; 03-20-2014 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Without measuring mine that sounds about right. Where were the differences in the other P-01 DA or SA?

You can change a lot about CZ triggers - what would you like it to do?

I didn't measure the other shooters P-01 on the range (I measured mine at home), but you could tell his had noticeably less pre-travel.

It would be nice to reduce the weight of the trigger and the distances it needs to travel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

In DA - you can reduce the weight by changing the mainspring - depending on how low you go you may need and extended firing pin and/or reduced power firing pin spring

In SA - the only way to really reduce the weight would be to change the hammer as that the geometry of the sear engagement is what does most of that

To reduce the pre-travel in SA you would need to replace your disconnector, and a few other sear engagement parts to shorten the reset - these are available as kits if you are a DIYer or you can send the gun in

Also, while it won't technically lower the weight of pull - CZs come pretty rough from the factory and some light polishing of internal parts goes a long way

User Tag List