Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle Belt for uniform patrol

Sorry, no photos available. It looks like any other belt in that style, no difference in visual appearance so it doesn't attract adverse attention. Safariland UBL fit fine; other pouches were standard versions from Blade-Tech, Safariland, SureFire and I had no issues with fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    Sorry, no photos available. It looks like any other belt in that style, no difference in visual appearance so it doesn't attract adverse attention. Safariland UBL fit fine; other pouches were standard versions from Blade-Tech, Safariland, SureFire and I had no issues with fit.
    Ok perfect.

I was really wondering if the padded area really stood out and made it obvious that you had something different going on with your duty belt, or if it looked similar enough that people really would not notice...

Site Supporter
    Not Angus but my department bought them right around when I started 5 years ago. We use the ballistic nylon ones so the inner padded belt seems to blend in a little better. With the leather versions the padded part might show through a bit more towards the front and back, especially if you wear anything other then black for pants or shirts. You can also find just he padded parts if you order factory direct, so that might save you a little cash over buying a whole new belt if you wanted to try it out first. I bought another padded inner belt for my range setup even though it does not carry the full monty.

Thanks for the link to that belt-pad thing. I've just gotten back into LEO (patrol) after a 7 year break so I'm having to start over with regards to my belt rig. I'm currently running an Ares gear LEO duty belt http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=33_71 over a Volund Gear nylon belt and I've found it to be very comfortable but that pad might be a worthwhile addition. I also have a Jones Tactical duty belt that I'm playing with and it also seems really nice. I was thinking about posting a list of all the things I've tried and what works with regards to my belt rig but I haven't had time.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Thanks for the link to that belt-pad thing. I've just gotten back into LEO (patrol) after a 7 year break so I'm having to start over with regards to my belt rig. I'm currently running an Ares gear LEO duty belt http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?ma...ex&cPath=33_71 over a Volund Gear nylon belt and I've found it to be very comfortable but that pad might be a worthwhile addition. I also have a Jones Tactical duty belt that I'm playing with and it also seems really nice. I was thinking about posting a list of all the things I've tried and what works with regards to my belt rig but I haven't had time.
    I wish Ares gear would make that LEO duty belt with plain leather on the outside of the scuba webbing so I could use it on duty...

I for one would be very interested in seeing the posting about the list of things, in reguards to the duty belt and gear, that have worked and not worked for you...

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    See the Velocity Systems OUB on a lot of the local ERT types. It's a bit of an in-between option.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Velocity belt does very well.

I don't have a current pic - and its in my gear bag, but you can weave accessories/pouches thru the belt.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Will a standard 2" or 2.25" duty belt fit in the velocity belt?

Site Supporter
    NM.....misunderstood OP.

The best radio holder I've found is the Maxpedition radio holder, the thing is solid.

User Tag List