Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Learning DA/SA

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Let's not forget the lack of movement, that's a pretty big difference too.
    There's no movement in Bianchi and none that I'm aware of in PPC.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    There's no movement in Bianchi and none that I'm aware of in PPC.
    In PPC you go to kneeling and prone a couple of times, but that's about it.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    In PPC you go to kneeling and prone a couple of times, but that's about it.

Okie John
    You can go prone at the Cup, but I have a hard time counting "diving for the deck" as movement in the same sense that IDPA has movement.

I'd like to ask a question related to the DA/SA stuff in here, trigger control related...

When I shoot DA/SA, DAO, SAO guns, I just kind of naturally put my finger on the trigger and pull it, without a whole lot of thought. Once I really learned how to isolate my trigger finger from the rest of my hand, it really wasn't all that difficult for me to hit most things I aimed at.

Hand me a striker gun though and I actually have to use a different technique with my trigger finger to keep from shooting left. I can't really describe it online in a way that is gonna be easy to visualize, but I absolutely have to change the way I normally pull a trigger to get a striker gun to stay centered.

My question is, am I crazy? Do I have lousy fundamentals? Or is it somewhat normal to have to use a couple different techniques to manage different trigger systems?

I think a DAO, TDA, SA trigger system is easier to shoot. I find the same thing - I know a lot of guys on this site talk about rolling through the SFA guns like a DA but I can't, I've got to take the slack out and then start the roll or I hit the break too hard.

I have to kind of "reconfigure" the way the joints on my trigger finger move, even slow fire. That's the best way I can describe it, but it's been there every time I shoot a striker, any striker. Drove me NUTS until I figured out what I needed to do, still makes me think that I'm not right.

Short version though, I figure if I ever decide to go striker, I'm gonna have to completely dedicate myself to being a striker shooter for the entire time. Won't be able to mix in the hammer fired stuff or my brain is gonna melt.
    Last edited by Jared; 03-28-2014 at 04:15 PM. Reason: I can't spell

User Tag List