Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Learning DA/SA

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    I might be in the minority but if your carrying a da/sa for duty or concealed they should be carried in da. The cocked and locked thing is fun for range day. But the major advantage of a da/sa gun for carry is the double action first pull. If you want to carry condition 1. Then buy a single action pistol. I think the da/sa is probably the best trigger systems for duty. Trained properly anyone can use them.
    While I wouldn't carry a TDA in SA without a safety, I don't think the people carrying USP's and some of the TDA FN guns cocked and locked are doing anything wrong.

I never said they were in the wrong. I was just saying the da/sa platform is setup perfectly for carry. That double action first pull takes a lot of pressure to drop the hammer. You also have the ability to thumb the hammer upon reholstering. I am not knocking carrying cocked and locked. My point is if thats how you want to carry then you might as well use a dedicated single action pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There are plenty of folks, for example, who do their best bullseye work with a DA revolver (or DA trigger on a DA/SA gun).
    Potential thread drift here... I'm not saying it isn't possible, just that I've never seen anyone shooting DA revo seriously at a bullseye match... Do you have some folks that you actually know doing this?

We are diminished
    It was what the top guys seemed to be using at the USSS Match in '97 as part of the 2700 series. I haven't shot bullseye in years but back in the 90's when I was doing it semi-casually that seemed to be a pretty common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It was what the top guys seemed to be using at the USSS Match in '97 as part of the 2700 series. I haven't shot bullseye in years but back in the 90's when I was doing it semi-casually that seemed to be a pretty common thing.
    I know Bianchi cup used to have a dedicated revo contingent... That's some tough shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    I know Bianchi cup used to have a dedicated revo contingent... That's some tough shooting...
    Still does. There are loads of Bianchi guys that still shoot the wheelies. In Production at least, you can use a six inch revo compared to a max five inch semi-auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomshek View Post
    Now I'm curious. Would folks using DA for bullseye shooting tend to be trigger stagers or are they so skilled as to be able to smoothly stroke through the trigger?

I'm pretty decent with DA but can hit a lot better with SA if doing head shots at 25+ or full size silhouettes at 100 meters.
    I think being able to stage the trigger to get that final sight picture before break is quite the skill. I can stage the trigger on my L and N frame easier than a K frame. Oddly enough (only because I haven't really bothered to think about it much) I am much more accurate with a 4" Model 12 with a bobbed hammer than with any other revolver I currently own. I have a hard time staging that trigger so I pull through.

I shoot my BDM like a revolver but have it set to DA/SA rather than DAO. It's worked for me so far.

I have a manual tranny on my tractor. I don't think that applies here?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

For reference, none of the bigtime revo guys at Bianchi stage the trigger. They just pull it straight through.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    For reference, none of the bigtime revo guys at Bianchi stage the trigger. They just pull it straight through.
    What about Bullseye?
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    What about Bullseye?
    I don't know, I've not shot a bullseye match in over a decade. I know that the top PPC revolver guys don't stage the trigger though.

User Tag List