Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Kolbeson Leather Works

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    He keeps 30% regardless of whether he makes you a holster?

What a douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA
    That's some spectacularly awful behavior...

Nothing to add except, I concur.

He could come back now, refund me my remaining 30%, and offer a free holster, and I wouldn't take it. There's too many stand up people making high quality gear to do business with someone who conducts themselves in such a manner.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    He keeps 30% regardless of whether he makes you a holster?

What a douchebag.
    Yup. Long story short: I order & paid on 4/19/2013, I saw the update on his webpage on 3/26/2014 "all pending orders for leather gear, but most are going to have a turnaround time somewhere around 18-22 months", I emailed on 3/28/2014 for a refund, I emailed on 4/8/2014 to ask what was going on, then over the next week exchanged emails about how my request ended up in the spam filter, and how he thought he replied... and then finally got 70% of wait I paid refunded back on 4/15/2014

So, four days short of a year. So losing 30% is worth it for it to be over.

From his website:
    Cancellations: Order cancellations before delivery will incur a 30% cancellation fee. This fee is to cover any administrative time, materials, supplies, special order models, etc. for your order. This fee will only be waived if cancelled within four(4) weeks from the date the order was originally placed. All cancellations after four(4) weeks will incur the fee and no exceptions will be made.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    What a ***CENSORED***.
    3/15/2016

I just sent my second email within a month, hopefully I will get a response. I just want my d**n holster

So, while I wait for this holster that may never arrive, any of you forum members who are also holster makers or kydex benders want to make me a full-shroud piece of Kydex for a full-size 1911 with a Springfield half rail and a Surefire X300 that will line up with the holes in an Old Faithful leather backer? Combine that with some Raven tuckable soft loops, and I think I'll have a Frankenholster that meets my requirements.

Just got a reply email from Josh apologizing. I've waited this long I guess I'll stick it out a few more months

Quote Originally Posted by Paxamus View Post
    Just got a reply email from Josh apologizing. I've waited this long I guess I'll stick it out a few more months
    Did he quote months more?
    #RESIST

He said months, but not a number. I have this much invested into waiting, figure I'm not going to get another quality leather holster in that time so I'll just wait... Which is not my strong suit

I got a shipping notice.

Maybe this thread lit a fire.

When was your order placed, Wendell? Was it hybrid or kydex?

User Tag List