Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolbeson Leather Works

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If he can't give you an update, I'd cancel.
    I didn't even get a reply to my cancellation request.

I had a problem with a maker who refused to return emails. I sent him a certified letter and he responded quickly.

Banned
    My order made it yesterday and the fit is some of the better Kydex I have. The order was for 2 holsters and 3 mag carriers and each was for a different pistol / mag combo and it all fit well. The other makers I have ordered from with the exception of Comp-Tac seem to be hit and miss with the fit.

I placed my most recent order with Kolbeson Leatherworks on 11-14-2012 and still have not received it.

My first order for a "Texas Comfort" AIWB holster was a great experience back in 2009/2010-
    Good email comms, and I had the holster in hand in about 3 weeks.

My second order was OK, waited about 6 months for a couple more leather holsters, didn't get much email response from Josh then.

Now this current order for a couple of "Gnome Approved Texac Comfort" (GATC, with design input from Paul Gomez) is going on 17 months of waiting, and I doubt the GATC is going to perform better than my 5Shot SME. I sent an email requesting a cancellation and refund.

Sigh... I should've been more diligent in the first year of follow-ups with Josh.

On a side note, I also have a 2 year pending order with Dave Elderton of Kytac. ...He was so nice on the phone - before I sent my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant P View Post
    I placed my most recent order with Kolbeson Leatherworks on 11-14-2012 and still have not received it.

On a side note, I also have a 2 year pending order with Dave Elderton of Kytac. ...He was so nice on the phone - before I sent my money.
    Cased closed for me on both companies.
    #RESIST

My only Kolbeson Leather order (Texas Comfort leather AIWB and a Minimalist Kydex AIWB) took 7 months, ordered Sept. 2012 and received May 2013.
    Long but somewhat acceptable timeframe for custom leather, email correspondence was sporadic however.

For me personally, 3-6 months is the longest I'm willing to wait patiently for a holster (unless it's a true exotic custom) especially pre-paid.
    If I pre-pay you need to answer email inquiries, even if it's an automated response with a personal follow-up later. Heck even a bi-weekly website/Facebook update of what order number range you're working on would be acceptable.
    Going well beyond your posted timeframes (Josh was quoting 3-4 months when I placed my order) and no communication is completely unacceptable.

This is twice I've come in just under the wire with companies that went to crap, Kolbeson and Rafter-S.
    Both had decent reputations when I ordered, both started getting negative feedback mid-way through my orders, I dealt with the annoyance of missed deadlines and sporadic communication (including misrepresentation/lies in the communication I did receive) and just when I started thinking I was getting ripped off... my order showed up.
    Makes you only want to work with makers you "know" (active contributing members) from forums like this one.
    Last edited by JodyH; 04-09-2014 at 09:41 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Makes you only want to work with makers you "know" (active contributing members) from forums like this one.
    Sound advice.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Grant P View Post
    Mine's going on 4 years! Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Mine's going on 4 years! Go figure.
    Kytac seems to have flown the coop. Note the date here.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    This. 1000x this.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List