Thread: Hard Primers

Question Hard Primers

Greetings forum members...new member here.
    I was debating under which topic area I should post this question but ultimately decided it was an "ammo" question.
    My history: I am not a re-loader (...at least, not yet).
    Brief background: I have a fairly new .357 revolver (used for home defense). I am replacing the OEM hammer and
    trigger springs with lighter Wolf springs. As I understand, there is the potential for under-powering the hammer
    strike IF ammo with hard primers are used.
    So here's my question. Of the commonly available commercial ammunition, which has the "hardest" primers?
    (Not just 'defensive rounds' but all ammo; to include 'target' ammo). Obviously, what I'm after is to buy a couple
    hundred rounds of ammo with the hardest primers in order to test the lighter pull weight springs (to make sure
    there's a discharge each and every time). What recommendations for 'hard-primed' ammo do you have?

Site Supporter
    I'd look for something from Wolf or CCI.

If a revolver was going to have issues with those types of mods, it usually materialized in ammo loaded with CCI and Winchester primers.

And for some strange reason, it seemed more common with Winchester Silvertips than others. Different primer, perhaps?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Thanks for the recommendations; looks like CCI definately made the list. I happen to have an old box of Winchester Silvertips laying around - think they may be 38 Spcl but they'd probably serve the purpose for this test. And Wolf is the Russian stuff - kinda makes sense those might have a harder primer so I'll add a box or two of them to the testing too. On the CCI stuff, is that Blazer or Speer or does it matter?

lol skintop911> fat bottom girls you make the rockin' world go round

User Tag List