Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Level Training SIRT Training Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    My buddy just ordered one, too - going to make for some interesting impromptu FoF practice, I think.
    Never, under any circumstances, do "impromptu" FoF

Never

Just like dry fire, this needs to be taken very seriously, especially the safety aspects of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tpd223 View Post
    Never, under any circumstances, do "impromptu" FoF

Never

Just like dry fire, this needs to be taken very seriously, especially the safety aspects of it.
    Understood, and thanks for the tip. To be clear: I have an elaborate dry-fire safety ritual, and I use the same one whether it's with a real gun or the SIRT. When I say "impromptu" I meant something along the lines of "improvised and unplanned," as opposed to having a lesson plan or a classroom environment. No reason we can't do the dry-fire safety ritual, then proceed to shine lasers on each other, at the spur of the moment.

Roger that, just wanted to make the point.

Anyone hear anything about the M&P version of the SIRT? I'm patiently waiting.

Has anyone played with the red/red version compared to the PRO version? I'm interested to hear your thoughts if you have tried both. I'm thinking the PRO would be better because the 6" trigger press offset of the red/red may distract from sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by TAP View Post
    Anyone hear anything about the M&P version of the SIRT? I'm patiently waiting.

Has anyone played with the red/red version compared to the PRO version? I'm interested to hear your thoughts if you have tried both. I'm thinking the PRO would be better because the 6" trigger press offset of the red/red may distract from sight picture.
    Earlier in the year (February maybe) they told me it was about 6 month out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Earlier in the year (February maybe) they told me it was about 6 month out.
    I emailed them at the beginning of April and was told July. Haven't heard much about this red/red setup.

position of prep laser

Where is everyone positioning the prep laser in relation to the sights or green shoot break laser beam?

I'd like to resurrect this thread again.

Now that folks have had these in their hands for a while I'd like to know what your impressions are. Mostly, I'd like to know if you would make the purchase again or if you now have some buyer's remorse.

I see they have two versions now available .... a Pro model (with a brighter, green laser for outdoor use) and a Student/Training model (red laser). I think the Student/Training model would be adequate for my needs (unless anyone has an argument for the Pro model ... other than outdoor use).

Follow-up questions ....
    Anyone else have an ETA on a G19 model?
    Anyone have a line on any kind of "deal"? Todd posted a code a while back but not sure it's still valid or if it can even be used for the Student/Training model.

I just ordered one (SIRT Pro) a few days ago, should arrive in 3 weeks or so. I was told the Glock 19 is scheduled to be released next and that it is still in development; it should be ready for production towards the end of the year or early next year.
    Last edited by dsa; 07-26-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Now that folks have had these in their hands for a while I'd like to know what your impressions are. Mostly, I'd like to know if you would make the purchase again or if you now have some buyer's remorse.
    I've had mine for some months, and I was still dry-firing with it every day until the new baby was born. I stopped dry-fire at all for a few weeks, (or sleeping, either,) and am now getting back into a rhythm. I'll probably start using the SIRT again in a bit. The only drawback with my G17 SIRT is that draws and reloads are different enough from my carry G19s that I don't want to do too many reps with it. I've mostly used the SIRT to practice press outs and target acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I just ordered one a few days ago, should arrive in 3 weeks or so. I was told the Glock 19 is scheduled to be released next and that it is still in development; it should be ready for production towards the end of the year or early next year.
    To answer your question, VolGrad, I will probably order a G19 version as soon as it comes available. (At which time, you may find a used G17 SIRT posted here for sale...) With a G19 SIRT, I can almost eliminate my real G19s from my dry-fire regimen - which would be a good thing for several reasons!

User Tag List